Tuesday Exhibition

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

thomasj19

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
Record 3-0
Leans 4-2

Yesterday a perfect example of Cactus league crap. Survived but just barely with the Sox. 6-1 ninth innning lead nearly blown. Thankful for the win.

Tuesday

Wish there was better coverage of spring training. So many edges but very few are written about. Just one lean today and a small info lean for the late game.

Lean

Texas +120 Rangers are going with Drese and Lewis. Mariners have Meche. Big edge here is that Seattle will be missing Boone, Olerud, Aurilia, and Spiezio - the starting infield is out. Wish I knew more about what Texas was doing today and I would make this a full play. But being on the road and a cactus league game will stick to a lean - and a dog at that.

The late game has the Red Sox sending both Schilling and Martinez against the Reds with Lidle and Harang. No Griffey for the Reds either - but I am still wary. -155 is steep and I have no lineup info plus the Reds seem to like the night game thing. All things point to the Red Sox but I am not playing it. Price and no info after the first two pitchers for each team keep me out of it.
Maybe throw them on a fun parlay.

Have a successful day.

Tom

FED

Forum Member
Jun 25, 2002
raleigh, NC
there has got to be a way we can get local information on these preseason patchups, how do you find out who is starting, i cant find jack!!

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
I am playing the Dodgers and Cardinals today....sorry for the late post, but wanted to get these out there.

Gonna play the Red Sox later too.....should get about 6 innings fro Pedro/Schilling.....enough for me

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

thomasj19

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
Fed - I can find out who is starting for each team - I just like to have more to go on. Lineups and who is playing is even better - that is what is harder to find. It just takes time and a lot of reading to find out who is pitching for each team.

Tom

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
i'm also stumped trying to find the starters for each team. i've looked all over the net with no success.

throw us a bone here! :)

also, does anyone know of free audio sites to listen in?

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
well mlb.com charges a fee for their audio but i found a way to bypass it for the meantime. go to mlb radio and find which game you want. it will show the radio station (for example KTRH 740AM) and google search until you get that webpage.

i'm listening to the Houston station but they only have updates, no live play-by-play.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
FM- do they charge right now? I remember last year spring training was free, sort of as a preview for the start of the season. But I haven't checked it out yet this year.

thomasj19

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
Usually the home town newspaper lists the starting pitchers for the spring training games. But it varies from team to team. Some papers are very good and others give you crap. I just don't place that much emphasis on starting pitching unless it is a huge edge. I like the notes that players are not making the trip and things like that.

And you are right about MLB - last year the audio in spring training was free.

Tom

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
yes, for some reason they are charging right now.

thanks for the info on Seattle's lineup thomas. i'm riding the Rangers with you! ;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

thomasj19

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
Lineup info was correct - Texas pitching has been rotten - a ton of walks and the Mariners so far have bunted, gotten timely hits and their pitching so far has been good. Rangers have nearly all their starters in their but Blalock, Texiera, Young etc so far have done nothing. In the 8th now.

Tom