Tuesday Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
The In-Laws are out of the house but I think it was a blessing in disguise as I needed to get away from handicapping for a few days as I have been going into the tank recently...20-25-1 on year now...which is even worse when you consider a fast start and an even faster decline...time for a turnaround...

I have a lot of plays today as I came up with my own number before lines were posted and chose games with a large differential. Today there were a bunch of games and instead of choosing the "best games" (which I have been terrible lately), I am going back to playing all games that "come up". Goes back to the old theory that I would rather have 100 picks at 60% than 10 picks at 70%. (Assuming you play each game for the same)

Here they are...(Last warning...tread lightly, I'm not exactly burning them up right now)

SFla +2' - Wrong team favored - even on the road - even with the turnovers by the Bulls

EMich +3 - Which EMich will show up? The one that beat Cal at home or the scrubs that lost to NDakotaSt on the road? This game is at home so expect more the former than the latter. Detroit has 2 wins, Rochester College and ShawneeSt. Too much emphasis on the NDSt loss in this line. Detroit should not be favored here.

GeorgiaSt +3 - Again wrong team favored. The Panthers at home should cage the Cajuns.

Purdue +11 - Right team favored but by way too much. Purdue has better quality wins (SBama and Wofford vs AlcornSt and Jacksonville) but FSU has the better quality loss (8point to a very good FLA team vs 19 point loss to good Xavier team). See this game as a 2 possession win for FSU.

NIowa +3' - The Panthers return all five starters and in their toughest compitition this year, beat WMich on the road. The Cyclones have not really played anyone tough but still managed to lose to Iona at home. NIowa is playing better basketball right now and look for them to squeak out an upset against their interstate foe.

LaTech +14 - Too many points. Milsap in the middle will snag enough rebounds to keep this game to single digits. Not much hope for an upset here but don't see this game being a big blowout.

Penn +1 - Line is moving to Colorado. Game is in the Palestra. Visiting teams (anyone outside of the Phili Big5 + 1) seem to struggle shooting here. Penn wins this at the free thow line down the strech.

WKenty +9 - Hilltoppers have been shooting at almost a 50% clip from the floor. Blazers have been allowing opponents to shoot almost 50% from the floor. Blazers have the better team but WKenty keeps it close and inside the number.

Ill +2 - Unranked vs ranked be damned. Illinios has the better team - right now. UNC is young and this is the freshmen first big game. Illini win outright.

Tenn-Chatt +8' - Last year, Mocs won on rebounding and defense. They were picked my many to win the NorthDiv in the SoCo. 0-3 start. Can they be that bad and so many wrong??? I look for the Mocs to be hungry for that first win and while they may not get it against a decent MTennSt team on the road, they should be able to keep it close.

Just noticed that with the Colorado/Penn line move that all these picks are dogs...Ruff Ruff....

GL to ALL