Tuesday MLB Action

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Slick 1

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2004
Boston, MA
MLB 3-1 +6.00 units

3* Cubs -120 (Maddux/Ortiz)
The Cubs mashing the ball yesterday was no surprise to me, even with Sosa and Alou gone this team is still loaded. I think they'll have good success against Ortiz who I don't think will fit in well in his new park. Ortiz allows way to many base runners and the ball just takes off in this park so you can't constantly be working out of jams. Ortiz walked a staggering 113 batters in 207 innings last year and if you watched his starts he was constantly working out of tough jams, something that won't be as easy in this park. Maddux doesn't get much credit anymore but he still won 16 games last year which tied for 5th overall in the NL, last year in this park he allowed 2 runs in 6 innings of work as his ability to keep the ball down will help him in this park. I had the Cubbies yesterday and like them again tonight.

3* Under 8 -125 Twins/Mariners (Santana/Meche)
Your ability to shop lines can definitely help you in this game as there's a mix of 7.5's and 8's out there, I like this play either way but obviously 8 is better. Santana is simply the best arm in the game right now and he made it look easy down the stretch going 13-0 with a 1.29 era in his last 15 starts. He also owns the Mariners going 3-0 0.86 in his career starts against. I also like Gil Meche and think if he can pitch well tonight, he held the Twins to 2 runs in 8 innings last year and is 5-1 against them in his career.

I'm waiting to see a few more things and should have another play up later.
Best of Luck to everyone.

Slick 1

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2004
Boston, MA
upgrading the Twins total to a 5* selection, I had to get the last 2* at 7.5 though...

3* Over 9.5 -120 Sox/Yankees (Clement/Pavano)
The over is 9-1 in the last 10 games between these teams and I don't see much changing today. The wind is expected to be blowing toward right field again and the temps around 60* so the weather is good for this play. I'm not too high on either of these starters, I think Pavano is overated as he had 1 good year and now has to face a DH in the AL. Clement is O'k but again a former NL pitcher facing tougher lineups now. These two lineups are loaded and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them score 8 or more runs today.