Tuesday NHL

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
NHL Season: 19-22-5 (+0.80 units)

For tonight:

1) Side/Total parlay: Florida +1.5/under 4.5 (+257)

I'll parlay +1.5 goals with under 4.5 anytime I feel there is a good shot at the under hitting. This is the case tonight as Roy and Luongo are both playing their asses off right now. Florida has to know that the only way they win this game is defensive hockey, with both Bures out. Obviously if this one stays under, there is a much higher chance Florida stays within one of Colorado.

More later. Input always appreciated.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
good payout but a couple of things worry me about the under tonight. first wiemer is already serving a 7 game suspension for his hit on darcy tucker. well ryan johnson, flroida's other defensive center got hurt in the jersey game and is questionable(just checked fla site, he is out, broken left foot). if i am not mistaken these guys both play valuable minutes on florida's penalty kill. with the two of them out, that definitely hurts their depth at killing. the other thing is that colorado really seems to have benefitted from the addition of Vrbata, who has more points in his first 3 games than 7 of the other av forwards.looks liek tonight he will skate on line 1 with sakic and reinprecht. line 2 will feature drury, tanguay and hejduk..dont get me wrong these teams offensive woes are well documented and with the quality of goaltending tonight and the fact that roy just told canada he isnt playing, well, it could make for quite a show. i just wanted to point a few things out. i also am sometimes skeptical(though i have no stats) of low unders with two teams in different conferences. it seems to me that at times, each knows a little less about the other than they normally would and that would lead me to believe the scoring might be a little higher. but like i said i cant dispute the goalies in net tonight, both have been damn good...and i agree florida will be hard-pressed to find any offensive punch...

some notes from the rocky mountain news...

Defenseman Adam Foote practiced for a while Monday but was excused because of cold-like symptoms. Coach Bob Hartley hopes Foote will be able to play tonight . . . Milan Hejduk hasn't scored since Oct. 25, a 14-game drought . . . Colorado's power play has gone 2-for-33 in the past nine games but the Avalanche penalty kill has allowed only one goal in the past 27 short-handed situations. Colorado hasn't allowed a power-play goal in eight of the past nine games . . . Huselius is tied for the rookie goal-scoring lead. He is tied for second in the rookie scoring race . . . Florida's Jason Wiemer won't play tonight. He is serving a seven-game suspension after he delivered a butt-end of a stick to the face of Toronto's Darcy Tucker in a Nov. 19 game . . . Florida is the most-penalized team in the league with 580 minutes in 23 games, an average of 25.2 minutes a game. The Panthers' penalty killers have allowed 18 power-play goals for a kill percentage of .839.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-27-2001).]

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Never did like to play colorado on the under but this one looks good.
For florida the fact that the russian rocket is not in is not helping on offense but rumors has it that teammates will be happy cose yes he scores goals but on the other hand he doesn't backcheck wich create lots of opportunities for opponents.
Anyone knows where i could find stats about GF GA when he is in and when he is not in.

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
wigs,

Incredible inside look at the game. The low under is a bit of a concern, if you could get the total at 5 jump on it. You are right about the conference theory but in all of the games I have attended this year when it is East vs. West conf. it has been penalty free and alot of flow to the game. This definitely helps the under alot.

GL Tonight!

HORNS

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
adding...

2) Nashville ML (+190)

Here is a case of two teams heading in opposite directions. I don't really see anything to indicate that SJ has a much better shot at winning tonight than Nashville.

3) Tampa Bay +0.5 (+140)

Great value here, getting the half puck at plus odds. Khabibulin still continues to be the best in the NHL and I don't see any reason not to play TB again tonight. Things really seemed to all come together for them last time out at Carolina. They are playing with a lot of confidence and this one could very well be low scoring, perhaps ending in a tie (hence I am taking the half puck, not the ML).

4) Washington ML (+175)

I'm still not sold on this Islanders team. They have been playing well lately, but so has Washington. Jagr finally is healthy and contributing, tallying multi-point games in each of the last four contests. If Washington can continue to produce goals the way they have been, they have a good shot in this one tonight even with Billington in net.

5) Vancouver/Minnesota over 5 (-120)

Minnesota's home games feature over six goals per game. Vancouver offense has showed signs of life, putting up four goals twice in their last three games. Perhaps as added incentive to score some goals, the Wild got shutout last time at home against Vancouver. I don't think they will allow that to happen again.

Input always appreciated. GL tonight!

Bet on MyBookie