Tuesday Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Tom- Hmm..you didn't fix the subject on the replies though..I still see Monday on those posts...more evidence needed to be destroyed on your part..lol

For tonight...

**5 units**
Sixers/T-Wolves Under 178.5
Wizards +5.5
Raptors +4
Hawks +5

**3 units**
T-Wolves -9.5
Clippers +9.5
Bucks +3.5
Hawks/Rockets Over 191

TWolves and Under- Lots of points to lay, but Philly is in terrible shape right now. Have a hard enough time scoring with Iverson, now he is out along with McKie and Snow. Added Coleman, but teams tend to lose when he plays and with him, possibly Harping, Bell, and Claxton in the starting lineup (or at least the rotation), that is four brand new players trying to adjust to one another. To have any chance i this game, Brown is going to have them grind things out, slow the pace, and try and play tough D with Mutombo anchoring the middle. Every option on Philly's offense is basically a third, fourth, or fifth option when the team is healthy. Should struggle to reach 80 pts tonight. Minny is virtually intact with the same group from the past few seasons...Smith is back, though not a big deal there. Nice start to the season, at home against the defending Eastern Conference champs (albeit without tons of key players)..big win sets a nice tone to start things off.

Wizards- Sure, the return of Jordan has this line skewed a few points..I still think the Wiz are the play though. Knicks without Camby are maybe a couple of wins better than Washington over the course of the season. He is out tonight, and the Knicks frontcourt is small and has little depth. Harrington, Thomas, and Weatherspoon are all decent roleplayers, but not much of an advantage over Washington's weak frontcourt. The trio of Jordan, Hamilton, and Alexander can more than match Houston, Sprewell, and the ton of backcourt players from the Knicks. NY crowd has always appreciated Jordan, and the Wiz will see some crowd support tonight if MJ gets rolling. Calls will most assuredly go his way, and I see this as a tight game, 2-3 pt win for either team.

Raptors- Great game with two of the top teams from the East squaring off. Return of Hill is a huge plus..loss of Miller to begin the season hurts Orlando's rotation though. Toronto the deeper team that can play virtually any style of ball with their bench. Even with the additions of Ewing and Grant, Raptors have the edge inside with Davis, Olajuwon, Williams, and Clark..they should control the boards. I think Toronto has the deeper, more diverse roster and probably gets the outright win tonight, M/L play a possibility.

Hawks and Over- Atlanta has a revamped and much improved roster. Point guard is their only weakness..but only asking Davis or Vaughn to play some decent D on Francis or Mobley tonight. New defensive rules should hinder those two a tad before they adjust, as last year they could just clear a side and beat their man off the dribble at will. Ratliff roaming the middle, Terry as an excellent second option, Kukoc playing sixth man, Mohemmed joining Ratliff for a power duo upfront, and Abdur-Rahim as the main man...this is not the same Hawks team of the past few seasons. Rockets an up and coming team as well, but not sold on them as this large of faves right now over an improved Atlanta team.

Clippers- Have had terrible problems against the Spurs, especially in San Antonio. But a good time to catch the Spurs..first game for Smith, Bowen, and Daniels together in the starting lineup..and the Clips are excited entering the season and looking for a playoff berth..obviously will have problems with Duncan and Robinson, but addition of Brand helps offset the Duncan advantage, and they have tons of young legs to run and jump from baseline to baseline. I don't think San Antonio can just walk on the court and expect to blow this team out anymore. Talent level has been bridged to a certain extent and I think this is a nailbiter for the Spurs..points look generous.

Bucks- Little turmoil with Robinson and his role right now..off the bench, starting..who knows..regardless, with Mason there to play 25 minutes and give Malone fits defensively, I don't see Utah containing all of Milwaukee's weapons. Allen, Cassell, Robinson, Thomas off the bench..too much for Utah, who last season wasn't the dominant home team the had been for so long..that trend should continue this year. As with Toronto, probably moneyline play as well...better team catching points even though they are on the road.

Probably will add a few more...cautious of the Celtics as everyone seems to have jumped on them tonight. Pacers were a possible play, Nets getting a ton of respect with that line, but will pass for now..

Good Luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Millertime- Don't have the exact record from last year, but regular season wasn't very good, minus some units..playoffs were much better. Good luck this season.

Wannabe- Thanks and best of luck to you as well.

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Is that all u can provide - plays, write-ups, reasons, logic...
tongue.gif

GL today and for the rest of the season
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Too good of a number to pass on and too much Boston support for my taste...

**3 units**
Cavs +4 (Camelot)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg