superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Yesterday: 0-0

YTD: 10-5

Wichita State +7

More tomorrow, but for now:

I love Manhattan and Flores but they've shown me nothing so far. Even though the Jaspers are 2-0 they are 0-2 ATS not covering big numbers vs two bad teams: Columbia and Fordham; clearly playing down to their competition.

Wichita State is a good Missouri Valley team, they're 3-1 and played tough vs BC in the championship of their early season tourney down in the Virgin Islands losing just 84-81. They've got four starters back from last years NIT team and their 6-10 center is looking much improved vs last year.

Jaspers may win but seven is a lot to ask them to cover vs a good Midwest team.

- Jon

Last edited:

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wichita State is well coached and can make free throws (21-23 from the line vs BC) so I see their greater depth keeping this game close.

Manhattan's weakness is lack of depth; Jaspers depend upon 35 minutes or so from both Holmes and Flores with sixth man Kenny Minor getting 30 minutes or so a game in a relief role.

Shockers 6-8 forward Rob Kampman has been on fire; he was named Missouri Valley player of the week last week, he hit 8-13 from the field vs BC including 3-6 from the arc. As a team, Wichita State was 10-21 from 3 point land vs BC.

Last years leading scorer Randy Burns is off to a slow start but he showed some signs of breaking out in the 2H of their last game vs Northern Arizona. Coach Turgeon benched him to start the 2H and that may have been his wake-up call.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Bone -- good to see you here...how's school?

Hofstra and St. John's are both looking bad so far this year...but I have to lean to Hofstra in this spot.

Red Storm are 21-1 all-time vs Hofstra which scares me a bit but Hofstra is coming down in class after playing a decent game vs MD while St. John's played another mediocre game vs local division III Stony Brook.

Hofstra's Adeleke hasn't really gotten on track yet -- he fouled out vs MD in just 19 minutes...without him The Pride have no game in the low post.

If Adeleke can have a good game, Hofstra should be able to stay within the number.

You might throw a buck or two on the Hofstra ML.:eek:

Vinnie -- Shockers were pretty good last year too going 18-12 with a trip to the NIT. Four of five starters back. ONTH I think Manhattan is missing Jared Johnson.

- Jon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

chimp

Forum Member
Nov 6, 2003
shockers

shockers

great call tonight
never in doubt
keep it going tomorrow

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg