Tuesday

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Going to post my totals now and may add a few sides later. I expect to see the Dogs continue to cover so I am going to be careful backing big favorites right now.

Two tid bits ........

The home team has won 60% of the time since the beginning of the season.

Using 5.5 goals as the "number" 60% of all games have gone under 5.5 goals since the beginning of the season.

That being said I expect things to even out a little bit and see some overs and road teams start covering.

Today's total plays-

I do not like the juice on these totals but I think the books are moving the number a little too much. The 4 1/2 lines should be 5 and the 5 line should be 5 1/2. I realize with this type of juice I have to hit at least 4 of the 6 to show a profit and I expect this to happen today.

Buff/NYR over 5 1/2 -125
Car/Tor over 4 1/2 - 135
NJ/Pitt over 4 1/2 -130
Wash/NYI over 5 -130
Cal/Det over 5 1/2 -110
Tbay/Bost over 4 1/2 - 125

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Good luck to you, Chenker. In case anyone cares, I won't be around till Friday due to a work obligation so no plays from me till then. Good luck one and all.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
One play today though:

MIN/VAN Ov 5 (-120) 1.2 to win 1
Not much time for all the stats since I am headed out for the week on business in a few. I liked what I saw from the VAN offense the other night, and MIN has a weaker D than PHI I think. MIN scores a ton at home, especially on the PP. I don't think VAN can keep the MIN PP scoreless like they did PHI. I like the total of 5 in case of a tight 3-2 game we get a push, but I think this will be more than that obviously or I would not have taken it. That is it for me. Good luck everyone. On the year 51-26-4 +12.81 Units.

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Frogy-

Probably these two-

1. Wash/NYI over 5 (if you can get it) Washington's offense is starting to pick things up and I do not think Billington and Osgood are two top tier goalies (I know that Osgood has played well so far but IMO he is not one of the best). Both teams have good power play units.

2. NYR/Buff over 5 1/2- 5 of the last 6 in this series have gone over 5 goals. I think the Rangers will show a good effort tonight after their loss to the Ducks, and they are still mad about the Verada / Lindros incident from the last game. In addition, Huff has been talking in the papers about Fluery and the Rangers. I am probably going to play the Rangers as a hedge because I think they will score at least 3 goals.

The only thing that scares me about the Wings/Flames over is I expect Detroit to tighten things up on Defense after their last game allowing 4 to the Hawks. We also have two good goalies with Hasek (if he plays) and Turek. I expect the Wings to be focused in this one and get the win avenging their loss to the Flames at home earlier this year but I will not lay the 1 1/2 goals nor the high juice on the ML or 1/2 goal line.

The other three overs are based on the numbers being off, I think they should be 5 goal totals and NJ/Pitt always seem to put up a lot of goals. I might play the three dogs in these games + 1/2 goal each because if I get 2 goals from Pitt, Car, or Tbay than the worst I could do is push since they are + 115, +130, +135 tonight.

Hope this helps.

Still have not finalized my side plays for tonight.

good luck-

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
adding....

Ottawa + 1/2 -110
Wash + 1/2 +130
NYR Pk +130

That is it for me tonight........

Good luck guys!

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
great job so far!!! looks like you were right on with some of these totals being too low...keep it up...

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
6-2 on the night-

some great hockey tonight.....

75-50 y-t-d (+16.75 units)

Bet on MyBookie