Tuesday

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Time to throw my hat into the fray. I hope I can contribute something here when I can. I will not always have time for writeups, but rest assured I have dotted my i's and crossed my t's (or something like that.)

All Numbers reflected by Pinnacle Early lines.

Pirates +117 Action
RSox -129 Clement Listed
Cle -129 Westbrook Listed
Tex -133 Drese Listed (3 Units)
CWS +110 Buerhle

My biggest play of the day on Texas. I am not convicned that Piniero may be at full strength yet, even though he was decent vs. Oakland. Then again, who does not look decent vs Oakland. I realize this is his 3rd start of the year and he may be 'due' but Texas hits the ball well at home.

I would have made the Ch Sox a 3 unit play as well, but Rich Harden has been amazing. Zito was great tonite until he got some bad breaks and it is becoming ever apparent that this team cannot hit to save their life. I do not have the stat in front of me but with RISP in the ANA series they were atrocious and in the same groove so far this evening.

Hard to bet vs. the O's here, esp with Lopez dominating Bos his last time out, but usually when a pitcher sees a team again with the quick turnaround the results are much better. Furthermore Clement has thrown well all year and he too is coming off a stellar performance vs. the O's,so the turnaround therory here could affect him as well. However, it is not often you will see Boston at this price and they do play very well at home.

Pittsburgh: I don't care how good Andy Petitte is or what Well's WHIP is. He could be just what the Dr. ordered for a struggling Astros offense as his command has been horrible all year, but I cannot lay any juice with a team that is 1-9 on the road.

Cle: Detroit can hit the ball and Cle has been kinda sleepy eyed early one at the plate. Nate Robertson did have a good early season start vs. Cleveland, (and good career numbers) but has since struggled.

I do have mixed emotions about making plays so early as sometimes I like to see ump info and lineups or even late injuries but I am trusting my numbers and feel for these games.

Best of luck to everyone

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Great start! :mj122:

0-3 last night, -628.

I did not expect Drese to be as bad and Pinero threw like I thought he did (gave up 4hr) but with nobody on base, that is how to avoid losing haha.

Balt game tough to stomach, but I am sure I will see many more teams blow 5 run leads or more. I can't say it all evens out. I wonder for how many good wins (comebacks you get) how many bad ones get you over the course of the season. But it is a grind.

Oakland finally wakes up at the plate.

Best of luck to everyone today!

Bet on MyBookie