TOR/PHO- Rooney & Jackson

PIT/WAS- Gregson & Martell

LAK/NAS- Hasenfratz & Van Massenhoven

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
LA...........
Our goaltending is a real positive part of our team right now," Murray said. "I think both guys are playing well. That's obviously a key ingredient to being successful in this league."

Potvin will start tonight against Nashville.

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
Ottawa papers say Senators captain, leading scorer and best player--Alfredsson--is out tonight. Probable for thurs against Phoenix.

Papers say Ott coach had to shift lines in practice. Muckalt, who hasn't gotten a goal in NHL since April 2, will therefore see "quality time".

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
thanks terryray, how is san marcos treating you? i live right on I-35 in austin--

Edm....
Oilers coach Craig MacTavish was talking about playing backup Jussi Markkanen tonight, but changed his mind. Tommy Salo will go here and against Detroit at Skyreach on Thursday with the Finn likely getting his second start when Tampa is in Edmonton for a game on Friday.

The Oilers' power play has been anemic the past four games, going 1-for-15, and it gave up a short-handed goal to David Legwand in Nashville on Saturday, their fourth of the season.

The point guys, Janne Niinimaa and Tom Poti, are making decisions too slowly, and Mike Comrie also had the puck stolen from him a few times when he had control in the Predators' end.

Jason Smith (back spasms), Smyth (broken ankle)are out.... Smith returned to Edmonton to have his back examined and did not travel with the team to San Jose. His status was to be reassessed late Monday, and he could make the trip this morning. Dan Cleary (knee cartilage) may play. SHARKS LW Stephane Matteau rejoined his teammates in practice yesterday after missing the past three games to tend to personal matters. "I don't want to go into specifics with what happened -- it's off the ice," Matteau said. "I've worked it out and now I'm ready to move forward."

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-11-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
pitt........
Coach Rick Kehoe said Moran is "a big loss," because he and Darius Kasparaitis have worked so well together this season, and that the coaching staff has not settled on how to reconfigure its defensive pairings. If Josef Melichar, who sat out the Atlanta game because of a hip problem, is able to dress when the Penguins visit Washington tonight, they might look like this: Melichar-Michal Rozsival, Kasparaitis-Hans Jonsson and Andrew Ference-Janne Laukkanen.

The Penguins employed the following line combinations at yesterday's practice: Robert Lang, Jan Hrdina and Alexei Kovalev; Kris Beech, Dan LaCouture and Toby Petersen; Milan Kraft, Aleksey Morozov and Stephane Richer; and Wayne Primeau, Kevin Stevens, Billy Tibbetts and Krzysztof Oliwa. ...

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
terryray brought this to my attention
faceoff.com
Muckalt, who will line up in place of injured Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson on a line with centre Todd White and left-winger Magnus Arvedson tonight..But if Muckalt struggles, don't be surprised if coach Jacques Martin shuffles his lines early, perhaps putting Martin Havlat onto the top line.

Havlat may have seemed like an obvious choice to replace Alfredsson, but Martin says having Havlat playing with checkers Mike Fisher and Chris Neil on a third line provides the club with more offensive balance.

Regardless of who takes Alfredsson's spot, the Senators won't take any chances on rushing him back too soon, especially considering he had a similar hip problem last season.

Defenceman Karel Rachunek, who suffered a left shoulder separation against the Lightning, is expected to be out at least 10 days. The injury opens the door for Shane Hnidy, who hasn't played since Oct. 9.

Bet on MyBookie