Tuesday's PowerPlays

Fuji

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2004
No pun intended ;)

Coming off a big win on Saturday against the Leafs where their powerplay dominated at times, they looked very sharp. Hitch has been working the PP which is 25th in the leauge. Clarkeyboy was telling Forsberg to shoot more, to which Forsberg replied "I am going to shoot more from the side, from the hash marks." We will see an experiment with Gagne and Forsberg switching roles on the PP. What better night to try it than against MTL taking on average close to 16 PIM a game. 6 of the last 9 goals on Theodore have been PPG.

PHI (-120)

Philly's offense is ranked first in GF per game, having only played 6 games this year they still rank 11th in total goals scored. Philly is scoring on average 4.33 Goals/G while allowing 3.17 GA/G. MTL is scoring on average 3.12 goals a game. PHI's PK is ranked 28th in the league. Inputting all those numbers into my scientific calculator, pressing the voodoo button, I have come to realize neither team is playing well defensively. Both goalies aren't playing at their best (well maybe Esche is haha) and special teams will rack up the scores for both teams.

PHI/MTL Over 6 (-130)

The time for feeling out what the Oilers want of Peca and Pronger is over, according to HC Mactavich. He's called out his players during the week. Smyth said he was embarrassed and said the oilers need to get back to basics. Aebischer should be in goal for this one. Despite their record, the Oilers aren't as bad as they've looked. They have Horcoff and Smyth back, Torres didn't make the trip and Conklin has been sent down. This game will come down to the wire, Good ole abbey will make sure of that as Pronger leads the EDM PP to a win.

EDM (+145)

Gaborik is out, Manny is in. After falling asleep during the COL game, hanging Clouts out to dry a few times, look for a very complete game from the whole squad. The two day rest VAN had was the first one since Oct 6 all season. Crawford has a very interesting PP alignment with 4 bodies in front and 3 defensemen that can blast shots. I expect VAN's PP to come to life tonight against a fatigued MIN defense. Lemaire may be a defensive genius, but Crawford will again answer it. MIN is playing their 3rd in 4 nights after a tough road trip.

VAN (-120)

5 Team shot:

ATL/NYI Over 6.5 (-125)
PIT (-120)
FLA/PIT Over 6.5 (-105
NAS (-185)
EDM/COL Over 6 (-150)

GL to you tonight!

Bet on MyBookie