Tulsa/La Tech........Yikes!!!!!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

LoneWolf

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2002
Texas
First glance at this game and it seems to set-up well for La Tech. Looking at La Tech on paper and you think, WOW, they've won their last 4, they must be getting it together down there in Ruston. Not so fast, those 4 opponents are no gang-busters by any means, the stoutest of the 4 was Hawaii, and get them away from the islands and their mediocre at best. And yes La Tech won these games, but did not cover in any of the 4, they skimmed by some weak opponents is what this tells me. They are a dreadful 1-6 ats @ home. I know Tulsa ats marks are dreadfully similar, but they are the better team in Ruston tonight, and if it's as close as the experts think, Tulsa will win the FT battle, but I don't think it gets that close. I may be looking at this one the wrong way, but playing against La Tech in these situations has made many a man some coin this year. My play........... Tulsa -1

Last edited:

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
For all those fans of the "you win, you cover" philosophy: the winner has failed to cover in La Tech's last 6 games. With the small number, that streak figures to end. Is Tulsa the better team? Or are they still living off last year's reputation.

LoneWolf

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2002
Texas
Tulsa's not better than many teams, Valuist, that's for sure, but from a local's point of view I feel they're better than La Tech.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

alliecat

Forum Member
Sep 1, 2001
Texas
Tulsa played its best ball of the season in the last 25 minutes of the Rice game on Saturday, outscoring the WAC leader in FG% by 24 that half, after struggling the first 10 or so minutes, using stifling defense. I attribute the first ten minutes of the game to getting used to not having Antonio Reed in the lineup. The Reed situation has been a major distraction (that I think they are over) but his dismissal could be a blessing, as he was having a terrible season, averaging as many TO's as Assists and shooting around 37% from the floor.

Turnovers is where the game will turn, if Tulsa can take care of the ball, and I think they will, Tulsa will win this game going away. Tulsa leads the WAC in FG% defense and La Tech is 9th of 10 in FG%. La Tech is also 9th in turnovers forced.

Little pressure on Tulsa's guards and Tulsa's newfound defensive intensity should offset La Tech's rebounding advantage. The home court advantage should not be enough for Tech to get the win.

like the play lone wolf, will be with you on it. Tulsa -1.5. Line is moving against us.

LoneWolf

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2002
Texas
I agree with your point of Reed being gone, alliecat. Sometimes a team has to lose a star player or someone who they rely on most to come together as a unit. And you're right they played as a 'Unit' in the 2nd half or better vs. Rice. We're on the right side here.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg