Turkey Day Play - (UM-BC) writeup

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

DOAK

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
BC -4 (-115)
600->521.74

BC Large in my biggest bet of the year. Its time to make back the cash that I lost on Miami against the ville. Everyone knows UMs current state so no need to go into that.

This will be Freemans 3rd start so BC should have a solid gameplan to stop him. On the OLine Miami is without two starters (Youngblood & Fox), they will be starting on guy with 4 career starts & the other with none (hes a True FR). Freeman will be sacked at least 5 times. Miami has 0 WRs & defenses double TE Olsen taking away UMs biggest threat on Off. RB James should have a decent game but hes a stud in the making but he cant carry the ball 20+ times bc of his build. BC will definitely have 8+ in the box to shut dont he run.

On Defense the Canes are HURTING at LB. Theres only 2 scholarship LBs on the whole roster that are 100% healthy. Their platoon of starters is banged up bad; Cook (Out-concussion), Beason (Will Play-but has had various injuries slowing him down the last half of the season & has a cast on bc of an injured thumb), Davis (Out-knee), & Gooden (Available-concussion). Their backups; McCarthy (?-hamstring), Adkins (?-hamstring), Houston (undisclosed ailment). That leaves Daryl Sharpton (a good instinctive LB although a little undersized) & Demetri Stewart (a guy who never sees the field) as the only 2 100% healthy LBs. In the secondary Miami is without their best player S Kenny Phillips whos out for the year. They do have solid backups (Ponder, Cooper, Reddick) so that shouldnt be to big of a loss.

The coaches are so complacent that they didnt even notice that Virginia had 12 men on the field when UVa's QB ran a 2yd bootleg into the endzone last week. Coker actually laughed about it. Who the hell is watching/coaching the game then???? Youd hope the "get back" sideline coach would at least catch that.

Qb Freeman & Coker both said in interviews that it is known some players have given up. Obviously Miami isnt going to play the game of their season so they make a bowl game. They want this season over and it will end when BC wins by 10+ tomorrow.

Basically, this write up is about how bad Miami sucks this year and how much of a hole they'll be in before this game even starts. I saw BC work FSU in person and figure they'll do the same against Miami. Also, the Orange Bowl should be a non-factor as South Florida fans are the worst fair weather fans in the country. We all know the majority of Canes fans didnt go to the school and their only allegiance to UM is the football team. its Thanksgiving, they wont be at the game, only the 20,000 diehards will be there.

GL All, have a great Holiday, Gobble Gobble

Since Posting
Spreads - 3-3 (+143.64)
ML - 0-1 (-50)
Teaser - 0-1 (-100)
Parlay - 0-1 (-10)
Total - (-16.36)

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
doak,

thanx for the writeup, seems like big gap in intensity for this game in one storied program vs a scrappy one who plays hard each week ...

whats status of Coker? Ive said for couple years he and Bobby should be chased ... ironic how far theyve dropped and arent even competitive with the better teams anymore ...

have a good turkey day
gregg

Last edited:

DOAK

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
A couple of weeks ago I thought Coker had a small chance at staying because Paul Dee made a horrible move last season and extended his contract making his buyout more. Now that its looking Miami wont even be bowl elgible, he's all but gone after this BC game (I give it less than a week and the search will be on). Miami has to get rid of him and name someone else fairly quickly so they dont lose any recruits in South Florida. Its pretty crazy that this season is as bad as the 95 season whem Um was on probation.

Bobby is a fixture and is going no where. It will be interesting to see who will be the new OC.

I expect Miami to struggle again next year unless the new coach has a few miracles up his sleeve. On the flip side, I expect FSU to be better and lose no more than 3 games. FSU has player a ton of young kids this year. A surprising stat I saw was FSU has played more true freshmen than every D1A team except Temple.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smithhappens

Forum Member
Sep 6, 2003
Adelphia
I am with ya bigtime on this 1 pal... This looks like it could be a blowout, however the line does scare me a bit... And those folks in Vegas have been doin this stuff alot longer than we have.... With that said i am going big on B.C. anyway.. 7x :firing: :firing: :firing:

DOAK

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Look at every Miami line recently. They all seem to good to be true. Miami is a team with a lot of talent that is underachieving right now. BC plays Miami close almost every year (BC knows Miami well from the Big East days). Miami has not had an offense all year. I also wouldnt be surprised if most of the upper level at the Orange Bowl is empty. Vegas still respects "The U" which is great for us when we bet against them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOAK

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Added:

Parlay: BC-4 & Under 38 (-115)
100->256.92

From The Ft Lauderdale Sun Sentinel:

"Safety Lovon Ponder, a redshirted sophomore, said the locker room is usually filled with laugher, horseplay and pranks, but over the past month it's taken on a somber tone that has lingered into game day."

Just got a call from a buddy of mine who offered me two 50 yd line tickets & a parking pass for free. No one is going to this game. Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited:

DOAK

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Freeman throws 3 picks and they still win. I dont get it. BC gave one of the most boring performances in college football. Im shocked by this game

EliteLegends

Forum Member
Nov 18, 2006
thats what pisses me off about college
they get inconsistent right when you think they will get an easy win

nfl does too but not as bad

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Allnet

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Port Arthur, Tx
BC biggest problem was lack of speed and ability to handle defense speed of Miami. I also took BC, but hand second thoughts. I remember a game early in the season where I had told myself never again. But, forgot that lesson last night. BC is a fair team, but the lack of speed hurts em big time. It showed last night. Better luck next time men....

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
doak,

thanx for the writeup, seems like big gap in intensity for this game in one storied program vs a scrappy one who plays hard each week ...

whats status of Coker?

have a good turkey day
gregg

Coker is out, Schiano is in...you heard it here first!