Two for Saturday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
1-1-1 yesterday... still a little shocked there were zero runs in that Yanks/Rangers game after the top of the first.

Cubs/Cards under 8 -121
Plenty has been said about Carpenter and how he's pitched this year, so I'm obviously banking on him remaining consistent. But I always like Williams in this spot. Before he was shelled against Cincy in his last start, he strung together a succession of fairly good outings. Even though he's facing the NL Machine today, they haven't exactly been hitting the cover off the ball. I've watched St. Louis' last four games, and its hitters seem to be in a bit of a funk (of course, facing Sheets and Zambrano can do that to you).

Also, there's a slight wind blowing in today, and a very good under umpire in Mke Winters.

Rockies -112
A play as much against the hapless Nats as on Colorado at home. Kim needs to keep his walks down. Armas has decent numbers in recent outings, but if you look a little closer, he's specatacular at that vaccum of ballpark they play at in DC (5-0, 2.72 ERA at home) and hapless on the road (1-5, 7.49 ERA on the road).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Didn't feel good about the Cards under around the fourth inning, but I'll take the W.

I'm gonna take a shot with the White Sox +117. Garland as a dog is always worth a look, and with Chicago's past success against Wakefield, I'll take the team with the best record in the majors at +117. Doesn't hurt that Damon is sitting, either.