UConn @ BC

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
As a fan of UConn, I like BC -8. I'm considering a few things:

1) UConn is not quite as good as they were last year IMO. I think they miss Caulley's rushing and they are not as strong on defense.

2) They have started out slow in both games so far this year (didnt matter against Murray St, as they blew em out in the 3rd quarter) but nearly cost them the Duke game. They did not dominate Duke like they should have - Orlavsky saved them as usual. A slow start this time will cost them the cover. BC could pick Orlavsky 4 times, just like Mills last week if they have to play catch up like Penn State.

3) Last year, BC won by 10 in Conn and had a dominating rushing game. I don't see why they still wouldn't hold a pretty big advantage on the ground.

4) It's in BC on National TV. UConn's been wanteing the spotlight, but this is not a good spot - should be pretty nice homefield advantage for BC.

I think the lines are finally catching up to UConn after 3 years!

Last edited:

ToddF76

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Couldn't agree more. BC had a lackluster game against Ball State but if they play like they did against Penn State, I see them covering. I haven't decided yet if I will play BC, but I know I definitely won't play UConn.

Superbear

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
New England
I,m a BC Eagle fan who lives 2 miles from their campus.I think I have a good feel for them and knew to stay away from them vs. Ball State(they did not cover that one as they never cover the 1st game of the year) and was on them last week as a dog vs. Penn St.+8 - +9 is too many to cover here.The UCONN quaterback is completing over 65% of his passes .I also have a feeling that the BC players feel that they have bigger fish to fry next week at Wake Forest(a revenge spot for them)

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
I have uconn up as my free play on fri at my site They will hang, and I had bc posted here last week, i think this will be a good game if not it would not been posted as a free play on my page, i think bc wins but uconn covers i have it 28-24 around there give or take a point here or there but have it for sure in the 3-4 range now the for sure is my work does not mean it will be in that range i mean i am for sure on my numbers with what i use, not a for sure win.

Hokie Fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2003
I will be at the game tommorrow,
BC is not Tennessee when it comes to home crowd but it will be rocking.
Friday nite drinking all day..

Another fact BC UCONN is a rivalry.. UCONN kills BC in hoops but BC is BC in football.

This game is huge for recruiting in that BC takes alot of kids from CT (Romanowski, Stratford, Widells..etc) and dont want to lose that semi pipeline..

Weather should not be a problem..

BC by 14

Hokie Fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2003
I agree Fletcher
But what conference is tough?
U$C has a cake walk.. It :eek:oks like Oklahoma too..

ACC and SEC are the true power conferences..
WVU is good lets hope we find out how good..
Trip to Blacksburg and payback is coming

RIGHT SIDE

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2004
Bay Area, California
Definetly on UCONN here! BC has had 21 penalties in their two games and had 5 TO's from Penn st to help them get that win. I definetly believe Uconn was looking past a lousy Duke team last weekend...they dominated them in yardage and time of possession and pulled out the victory still. Throw in the revenge factor here and Uconn is a "live" dog to me....BC has been very unimpressive to me this year so far and I'll gladly take points with a good Husky team seeking revenge in their first conference game on national TV.

Hokie Fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2003
Right Side..
I agreed with your penalty anglr but BC curtailed them yesterday except for one big 15 yarder..
I said BC by 14 but I'll take em by 20...

Love your picks...

Hokie Fan

Bet on MyBookie