UFC picks

NOVAKHT

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2000
This Friday nite at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas has a few fights I think are good bets.

BEST BET-- Ricardo Almedia -220 vs Eugene Jackson + 170

Big difference between these two fighters.Class A vs Class B in my opinion.Jackson only has one way to win.. early KO.Almedia is decent on his feet and is GREAT at submsissons.He will win this by armbar in 1st or second round.Jackson is really bad once the fight hits the mat.Easy win for Almdeia.

Iha +140 vs Thomas -170. Both fighters got beat soundly in last show.This will be a close fight but not sure why thomas such a heavy fav.Iha has more big fight experience.Getting 140 I think is solid odds on a fight I consider a tossup.

Pulver+105 vs Hallman-135 Again a tossup but getting +105 with the champ is the way to go.Pulver has great wrestling background and a solid KO punch.

Matyushenko +150 vs Ortiz -180.

I am biased here as I know Vlady well and will be out there with him.Some say I am nuts but I think getting a buck fuifty is great odds.Ortiz is the posterboy champ and very,very good but I think vlady is better in every area but experience.Vlady by ref stoppage.

The other fights have HUGE favs and I just dont see upsets in those..maybe take a chance on Bustamate at +175...Otherwise I think the prices are too steep to bet the favs.

Good luck!

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mr. Novak,

I am doing a writeup on the upcoming UFC and possible wagers for the Wrestling Observer website. Is it okay if I mention your recommendations and comments in my writeup? Thanks.

barkeep

Forum Member
Jun 14, 2000
south jersey,nj usa
NOVAKHT,

thanks for your insight, it was very profitable the last time.
at the last fights in NJ i made several "prop" bets on length of match and, how the match would end, and that produced several winners. it seems to me some the fights will not go 2 rounds, and better yet i see the judges decision in the ortiz fight to be @+300, to be somewhat interesting.
any suggestions or input?
thanks

Roger

Forum Member
Oct 12, 1999
AUSTIN
UFC32_pennBJ_vs_thomasDin_02.gif

Bet on MyBookie