umpire in sox game

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

player25

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2005
does any1 know who is behind the plate, i am thinking under but this info would help

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
Deryl Cousins is listed on c....o....v....e........
but I'm not so sure how accurate that is. Check back with mlb.com before gametime to verify.

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
I posted this earlier in the week but probably need to be said again. Pay no attention to what the umps did in the regular season. What zone the crew uses in the first game will be what they use in the second but not necessarily what the use when they change parks. A prime example was Hirshbeck in the first game. Going into that game he had 7 straight unders and you know what happen in game 1. I do look for them to use a wider strike zone today which will help the finesse pitcher if there is one. Good luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

player25

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2005
gsp

gsp

obviously it is not set in stone but ill use the regular season as a guide. Also with the threat of rain, maybe they will wanna speed this game up. im gonna go under 1st 5 probably. some things juts never end up making sense like bruce froeming having so many unders while having 1 of the smallest strike zones i have ever seen.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Umpires
Name Position
Mark Wegner HP
Dale Scott 1B
Mike Everitt 2B
Dan Iassogna 3B
John Hirschbeck LF
Bill Miller RF

player25

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2005
Thanks IE!

On a side note, how in the world is angel hernandez umpiring in the playoffs. I saw him umping 3rd yesterday. Alll I hear is how he is 1 of, if not the worst ump out there. i have never heard anything positive about him. I found that real strange. Any1 know the screening process for postseason umps?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg