UNC

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ozzy

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2001
cary, nc
Let me start by saying I am a NC State fan.
Also, I very rarely post, just chime in when I think I can contribute.
I think the Wolfpack is in for a severe ass kicking tomorrow. The win over Va. Tech softened the line a little bit, but UNC has been rolling ever since the Va. Tech loss. I see no reason they slow down tomorrow. And don't worry about any homecourt advantage for the Pack. Most of the season ticket holders have sold their tickets to UNC fans. There will be just as many, if not more UNC fans at the RBC Center than State fans.
15.5 is not too much to lay on a near home game.
Carolina is too deep. Even if State hangs with them in the first half, they will wear out against UNC's depth and the hated Heels will pull away in the second half.
It's either UNC or no play, got to go with UNC -15.5

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
I'd be careful it's a potential letdown situation with duke on wednesday and carolina looking ahead on the schudule. I'd be suprised if RBC was half full of carolina fans. Good luck with your bet but this is the type of game where state might end up being competitive just because they're state (you know, the ol' lose to shit teams and win against a great team).

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
How much are you putting on the game, Ozzy? I know you are a real high roller...

I think State keeps it close early, but I also think UNC gets the cover. Just too talented and too much depth. Too much running.

I thought the line would be anywhere from 20-22 so I'm taking the Heels at 17. I should have gotten it last night at 16...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I just wonder how you can take NC State here. I can definitely see not playing.

Like I say, I thought line would be higher. Feel like I've fallen into trap by taking Heels, but they are just way, way better and State has no depth.

I love this line but it scares me as well.

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be careful it's a potential letdown situation with duke on wednesday and carolina looking ahead on the schudule. I'd be suprised if RBC was half full of carolina fans. Good luck with your bet but this is the type of game where state might end up being competitive just because they're state (you know, the ol' lose to shit teams and win against a great team).
amazing that overrated duke held state to 56 pts in raleigh 2 weeks ago but the talented tarheels give up 83 pts to the pack. roy needs to shorten his bench and play his top 8 players only. i will however be on unc wed for big ml play

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Good win for State and a tough loss to take both as a fan and gambler.

Overrated Duke relies on defense. Duke has a great defensive scheme with guys that hustle on the defensive end. That said, they also handcheck and hold and it rarely gets called. Put that entire combo together and they might hold the Suns to 56 points....

Fells got hot behind the arc and UNC never adjusted on defense.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Not taking anything away from the win, but 2 plays late really bother me.

Carolina cut the lead to 2 and played solid defense for 30 seconds. They call a blocking foul 18 feet from the basket when there is almost no contact at all. Basically they bailed State out there and the next possession, both late in the shot clock, and gave State FT's.

Both of those fouls were crap and I think if State fails to score on either possession, Carolina wins. Just would have liked to have seen how the game played out without the refs getting in the way.

State played great the whole game but tried to give game away at the end and the refs bailed them out twice.

Also, the layup that ended the half was huge. What was Carolina doing? That was horrible defense.