Unconfirmed news, but Saban may be going to Cleveland

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
Saban to Cleveland? According to several unconfirmed rumors, LSU head coach Nick Saban is looking at the Cleveland Browns head coaching job and is calling a team meeting today to discuss. Once again, these are unconfirmed. Stay tuned.

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
cant find any other articles on this but CFN has it up on their website. Unfortunately, I am a Browns fan and I was really hoping they went another direction and go with Fassel or Charlie Weis. I really can't see Saban doing much better than Butch, the pro game is a different animal and other than Jimmy Johnson not to many seasoned college coaches fare well in the nFL

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
master, would you like anyone on the Raiders' staff ? i am willing to negotiate..... :142lmao:

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
whoops. sorry, read a lot of your posts, but never realized you were a neb fan. sorry, about callybum - he is the dumbest coach in america. :)

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Master Capper

What coaches do you think LSU would go after? Looks like most of the big name coaches have been taken. Saban certainly will be leaving a talented team behind for the next coach.

ageecee

Forum Member
Aug 17, 1999
Louisiana
If Saban goes look for OC Jimbo Fisher to get the job.

Hes being mentioned for the Ole Miss job.

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
Scott,

I would say either Fisher as Ageecee stated or Petrino. Petrino is going to wind up somewhere and I cannot see it being ND as he is too much of a renegade for that program to handle. Some have spectulated on Petrino going to Ole Miss but I really dont see that as being as huge step up for him as Ole Miss is a tough place to recruit and has a long ways to go to add the depth to contend year in and year out in the SEC. I think by Christmas we will see where everyone is going to end up, but I wouldnt be surprised to see some of the lesser programs such as Indiana look towards the MAC for a head coach. Some of the openings are a death watch for any coach taking over the program such as San Jose so it's hard to even spectulate on whom would take some of these jobs. The Ole Miss and ND openings are the one's to watch as they could start a domino effect depending on whom they land.

Bet on MyBookie