UNCW +13 (4kplay)

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
I have looked and looked at this one and can't figure the high number. UNCW returns 3 starters (Blizzard 13.8ppg; Williams 12 ppg; Hare 7.6 ppg) Also, reshirt center Aaron Combs(6'11) will give them the much needed inside game that will only open up more outside shooting for the percision shooting seahawks. wake forest and company lost the services of Robert O'Kelly who in my opinion will be hard for them to replace. Compilied with the fact that it may take some time for the demon deacons to get with prossers system. I really believe that November and December could be rough months for them.

13 is way too many here. UNCW will dictate the tempo of this game and keep it close. I don't know if they will win, but I am very confident that they should keep it well within the number.

The seahawks have too many weapons to get embarrassed in the first fight of the campaign.

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Not touching the game myself, but I don't think Wakey losing O'Kelley is that big of a deal. Sure he was around forever and showed flashes of great play, but he somehow managed to regress almost every season and was wildly inconsistent. With Hicks and Dawson, Prosser has the right backcourt for his system, and I think the team will perform better without O'Kelley around.

Good luck with your play tonight.

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
took a long look at this game myself thinking of the seahawks at this number but some aspects of the matchup concerns me. if wake is successful in forcing the tempo, uncw may not have the bench needed to keep up over forty minutes. seahawks likewise will be at a disadvantage inside - they were actually outrebounded by the latvian team that both wake and uncw recently blew out. fatigue from a fast tempo and mismatches inside point to foul trouble which will only magnify these problems.

that being said, if the seahawks can slow down wake's break and keep wake below 80 or thereabouts they have a chance to hang around. coach wainwright has had a couple of good recruiting years back to back and this year has brought in a solid juco transfer to handle the point. i may yet place a small wager on the seahawks but don't have the nerve to go hunting in your neck of the woods.

good luck in your play tonight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
I concede that wake will win, but I believe that this number is way to high. I see a 5 or 6 point win.

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
Some more interesting facts that should be considered:

The Wake Forest-UNCW Series History

- Wake Forest leads the series, 9-0. - Wake won the last meeting between the two teams, 56-52, in the 1998 postseason NIT. - Four out of the last five meetings have been decided by four points or less. - The Deacons are 8-0 all-time at home against the Seahawks. - The only meeting between the two teams outside of Winston-Salem came in the first contest between the two teams -- an 83-79 Wake Forest win at UNCW in 1977-78. - Wake Forest coach Skip Prosser has never faced UNC-Wilmington previously. - UNCW's Jerry Wainwright is 0-1 all-time against Wake Forest. - Wake Forest is 46-12 all-time against teams currently in the Colonial Athletic Association.

Wainwright Returns To Old Stomping Ground

UNC-Wilmington head coach Jerry Wainwright returns to a place he worked for nine years when his Seahawks come to Wake Forest on Monday. Wainwright served nine seasons as a Demon Deacon assistant coach, from 1985-86 to 1993-94. Wainwright first worked under Bob Staak and later under Dave Odom. Monday's game marks the second time Wainwright has returned to Winston-Salem to play Wake Forest. In 1998, his Seahawks fell to the Deacons in the postseason NIT at Lawrence Joel Coliseum. More Wake Forest-UNCW connections: - Wainwright and current Wake Forest coach Skip Prosser both previously worked as an assistant coach at Xavier. Wainwright worked one season at Xavier (1984-85) before following Bob Staak to Wake Forest. Prosser worked as a Xavier assistant coach from 1985-93 before taking over as the Musketeers' head coach in 1994-95. - UNC-Wilmington sophomore forward Joel Justus is the son of John and Mary Ann Justus. Mary Ann currently works as a secretary in the Wake Forest basketball office. John previously served as the SID at Wake Forest for 16 years and also as the SID at UNC-Wilmington. - Wake Forest assistant athletic director for media relations Dean Buchan is a UNC-Wilmington graduate. (Courtesy: http://wakeforestsports.fansonly.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110901aaa.html)

Some interesting things to consider!

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!!

LBTSDBTS

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2001
Thank you, UNCW!$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Could have won but still covered, put another 5k in the pocket!

LIVE BY THE SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

genosays

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2001
Kansas City
Nice call on UNCW as I rode your coattail on that one. Remember them playing well late last year although not sure what they have coming back. Must be solid to take Wake Forest (how good are they going to be??) to the buzzer. Congrats on the easy cover.

Bet on MyBookie