USC -23 against AZ is a joke

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
USC will destroy AZ. AZ is absolutely terrible and USC should put up points in the upper 40's or 50's. This game isn't even close

AZ will drown in points!!!!!

:s1:

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
opening line of SC -18 was an even bigger joke , waiting for +30 so i can bet my first middle!

:)

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
i watched the zona vs. Stephen F austin game saturday night, SFA almost went ahead late in the 3rd qtr. It was embarassing. USC will kill zona saturday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I'm not sure you would want to middle on this one, I honestly believe that USC may score into the 50's against AZ....AZ is a team that Arkansas would beat up on well into DD... I made sure that no one was hurt and on probation before I posted.... No idea why this line is so low....:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
3+ TDs of conference road chalk is low? usc will probably cover any closing number, but theres no doubt this line is inflated.

Let me say this....If OSU is 17 points better than PSU....than USC is at least 30 points better than AZ...

This is AZ's offense

TOTAL YARDS: 270.7 rank 97
RUSHING YARDS: 121.7 rank 69
PASSING YARDS: 149.0 97

Deffense:

Total yards: 323.3 rank 64

I wonder how many yards USC will get?

USC total ave: TOTAL YARDS: 435.5 rank 15...

I'm going to say they gain somewhere around 500 on ABC... Keep in mind they need as many points as they can get from an RPI stand point...

And,

these are LSU's numbers on offense:

TOTAL YARDS: 413.7 total rank 24

USC is a better team offensively and LSU beat them 45-3....I'dd expect about the same outcome guyz.

GLTA

Dr. Fade

Colllector
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Kansas City
Last Year @ USC:

USC 42 AZ 21

I think Arizona is improved over last year and USC has dropped slightly w/out Bush & LenDale. I think Booty is as good as Leinhart. Zona did beat BYU in the opener. It very well could be a blow out, but I would not be as confident as some here appear to be. Zona has solid corners and SC is hurting @ the tailback position.

FYI- Article from U of A paper today

When asked Monday what lessons the Arizona football team learned from its 45-3 loss to then-No. 8 Louisiana State that it plans to apply to tomorrow's matchup with No. 3 USC, UA head coach Mike Stoops got his words out quicker than a Dwayne Jarrett curl pattern.

"You better be mentally and physically 100 percent into the game," he said, "or you don't have a chance against these teams."

Stoops' words may reflect the guarded optimism of the Wildcats (2-1), who face their second national top-10 team of the season but the first at Arizona Stadium when they host the Trojans (3-0) at 5 p.m. tomorrow.

While the memory of the team's Tiger mauling in Baton Rouge, La., two weeks ago is still fresh, Stoops said players can look back critically on their lack of preparation for that game, as well as the positives they showed in their 42-21 loss at USC last season.

Although the Trojans put up more than 700 yards of offense, the Wildcats remained within a touchdown until the fourth quarter.

In fact, the game stayed in reach for Arizona until about 10 minutes remained, when an interception by then-starting quarterback Richard Kovalcheck - the Wildcats' only turnover of the game - effectively ended the team's hopes for an epic upset.

Stoops said the team has a shot at a repeat close performance tomorrow, but even inadvertent mishaps are out of the equation.

"We can't turn the ball over in this game. We can't turn it over one time," he said. "We have to play close to the best we can and put ourselves in position to win. That's what we're gunning for."

Arizona's current roster and coaching staff likely weren't around Tucson Nov. 7, 1992, the last time the Wildcats took down a national top-five team at home (16-3 over No. 1 Washington). But if memory is the team's motivation vehicle of choice, Arizona has last year's 52-14 win over then-No. 7 UCLA to recall with fondness.

The Bruins came in undefeated but left humiliated on Homecoming, as the Wildcats rode a 28-0 second-quarter lead to what was by far their biggest victory in Stoops' two-plus seasons.

"That created a big shock to the whole city," said senior safety Michael Johnson. "Everybody was just amped up and wired up after that big win. It just brings life into our team and the city."

Tight end Brandyn McCall said the team will be throwing around memories of that Bruin beat-down in the locker room before meeting USC.

"That's the exact thing: 'We did it before, we'll do it again,'" he said.

To do so, Arizona will have to overcome a Trojans squad that suffered significant offseason losses but still figures to be just as loaded in talent as any of their teams under head coach Pete Carroll.

The biggest shifts in the roster came at USC's offensive skill positions, where the team has had to replace two Heisman Trophy winners.

John David Booty is getting his turn at quarterback after spending two years behind current Arizona Cardinal Matt Leinart, who won the award in 2004.

A trio of running backs - junior Chauncey Washington and freshmen Emmanuel Moody and C.J. Gable - have split carries in lieu of LenDale White and Reggie Bush, who took the Heisman last year.

"They're going to throw out a little different (look with) formations," said linebacker Marcus Hollingsworth. "They don't have (players) like they had with Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart, but they do have some good other (players), John David Booty and their running backs. I think they're going to come out and do the same kind of offense they had last year."

Besides the team's front seven, which boasts four of a collection of six linebackers who started last season, the team is also potent in its receiving corps.

The group is headed by the junior Jarrett, who singed Arizona for 116 yards and two touchdowns last year and is poised to break almost every significant USC receiving record by the end of the season.

Paul Phillip, a redshirt senior defensive tackle, said that while the Trojans had their way with the Wildcats in the passing game last year, he thinks Arizona's defense has improved enough since then to succeed playing give-and-take.

"We'll give them the short stuff," he said. "We just got to keep it all within the game."

If the Wildcats can find a way to make their past errors work to their advantage, tomorrow's game could become another breakthrough to remember.

Or another sordid lesson to rehash Monday.

"We're lucky enough to get an opportunity to play two top-10 teams," Johnson said. "We want to make a statement by beating one."

Last edited:

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
I'm definatly not betting on Arizona, but those stats are a little misleading. Tuitama is a very good QB. When he took over the starting roll last year as a freshman, UA's offense came to life after being absolutely awful. He lead them down the stretch and is one of the primary reasons their was optimism coming into this year that UA might suprise this year. They beat BYU in the first game of the year. Against LSU, he got a concusion somewhere early in the game. After that, it was lights out as UA fell apart and gave up. Last week they held him out of the game for the first half and the team struggled. He came back in the 2nd half. So, he has only really played one complete game. He makes the offense go. They are pathetic without him. A different team with him. Its also the Pac 10 opener at home and they had a cupcake game at home last week.

USC's rebuilt and inexperienced - but very talented - secondary has yet to face a team that will actually throw the ball. Tuitama will air it out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
gl, i follow the pac-10 closely and i dont see signs of usc OFF being a juggernaut yet; yes they have studs everywhere but an off. takes time for cohesion ... In their first game pigs had a better yp carry avg. and in NB tilt moody ended up as top rusher with 70 yds, but 43 came in closing 2:54, other than Moody USC rushed 22 times for 72 yds at home ... that said USC could win by 28 but ive seen some strange things happen in Bear down land

Last edited:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Two of my friends played USC at -17 at Pinnacle on Sunday night. I waited, and when I woke up it was -20.5 and still rising. So far it's a no play, but I might add it very small simply because I think SC covers if they can put 30 on the board.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
you may be right but i don't think usc scores in the 40s or 50s. arizona plays pretty good defense, they are home & as was stated the usc offense is not a juggernaut....i took the under.

good luck guys.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
guys neither is LSU's offense....look what happend there.....USC has a better offense than LSU's. who knows maybe I'm wrong but I think AZ will get BLOWN AWAY!!! Or maybe AZ will hang tough...

I just don't know how much a team has improved when a team beats them by 35 or more points

By the way AR I think Arkansas would beat AZ by DD....USC scored 50 on Ark... and they are favored to beat Bama:scared

50 on Ark seems a little Juggernautish in my eyes

Last edited:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
you may be right but i don't think usc scores in the 40s or 50s. arizona plays pretty good defense, they are home & as was stated the usc offense is not a juggernaut....i took the under.

good luck guys.

I think that under is a very good play. I can easily see this being a 31-3 type of game.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
i remember the ark/usc game because i had the under.it was pretty close & relatively low scoring throughout the game...but turnovers changed everything. imo you can't bet on a game hoping for turnovers.

good luck guys.

ballsweat

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2000
Las Vegas, NV USA
As an SC fan I say be cautious about SC>>>

As an SC fan I say be cautious about SC>>>

There is a stat out there that I believe SC has not covered a road conference opener in the PC era.

Hopefullly that will change as I layed 18, but just a small bet.

fla

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
tampa, florida
This is a game that tests my theories of sports gambling. An opening line in the teens must have had Los Angelinos bumper to bumper on I-15 to lay down money on the Trojans. When an opening line on a high profile game is at least a touchdown off, go the other way.

Vegas knows more than I do, therefore I take the points.

Good luck.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
This is a game that tests my theories of sports gambling. An opening line in the teens must have had Los Angelinos bumper to bumper on I-15 to lay down money on the Trojans. When an opening line on a high profile game is at least a touchdown off, go the other way.

Vegas knows more than I do, therefore I take the points.

Good luck.

Some of the time Ur right....But this time I just really think AZ is awful on Deffense, and worse on offense. USC just beat a ranked team at home by 18....Nebraska is on totally seperate levels than AZ.... Ar is right, the only way I see this thing turning around is by turnovers, and like he said, you can't bet on turnovers....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg