Utah State v. Cal State North

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
I have to go with the Aggies on this one becasue of how they have traditionally responded after a loss. I know this game is HUGE for CSNU they want to beat USU at home tonight. I know last year when the Aggies played there the gym was empty I don't know how much support they have at home. LIke most of the gyms in the Big West the home court doesn't carry much weight becasue of the lack of fans and atomsphere. Last year the Madadors beat the Aggies by one point in the Big West Tourney to keep them from the big Dance. If the Aggies don't want to kill the Madadors tonight I guess they don't have any fight in them.

Thurs. Night the aggies lost a double overtime to U of P. They just ran out of gas and no one stepped up to help Nelson. I like the Aggies tonight but will wait to see how the line moves I think the public will move the line because of the amount of people that will go with CSNU.

AGGIES TEND TO REBOUND WELL FROM A LOSS
Utah State is 26-6 (.813) over the last five years following a loss , 31-13 (.704) following a loss under head coach Stew Morrill, and 3-0 following a loss this year. Overall, USU has had just six two-game losing streaks in the last six years. The last time Utah State lost consecutive games was at the end of the 2003-04 season. The last time Utah State lost consecutive games during the regular season was during the 2002-03 season, and the last time USU was swept during a road trip was at the end of the 2001-02 season, when the Aggies lost at Pacific and at Cal State Northridge

LOOKING AT UTAH STATE
Utah State is 11-4 on the season and 2-2 in the Big West Conference following a 73-66 double overtime loss at Pacific on Thursday night. The Aggies are led by senior forward Spencer Nelson who is averaging a team-best 15.7 points, 8.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game, while shooting 57.4 percent from the field and 79.8 percent from three-point range. Freshman guard Jaycee Carroll is averaging 15.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, while shooting 54.2 percent from the field and 48.7 percent from three-point range, while junior forward Nate Harris is averaging 14.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game, while shooting 65.9 percent from the field and 73.3 percent from the free throw line. As a team, USU is averaging 71.9 points and shooting 51.9 percent from the field and 38.1 percent from three-point range, while its opponents are averaging 59.4 points and shooting 40.7 percent from the field and 32.7 percent from three-point range.

SCOUTING CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
Cal State Northridge is 7-7 on the year and 5-1 in the Big West Conference following a 67-63 win against Idaho on Thursday night. The Matadors, who are 4-1 at home this year, are led by senior forward Ian Boylan who is averaging 14.4 points per game, while senior guard Davin White is averaging 12.1 points. As a team, CS Northridge is averaging 72.7 points and shooting 43.7 percent from the field and 29.6 percent from three-point range, while its opponents are averaging 68.4 points and shooting 43.0 percent from the field and 31.5 percent from three-point range.

UTAH STATE-CAL STATE NORTHRIDE SERIES
Utah State and CS Northridge will be meeting for the 12th time this weekend with the Aggies owning a 9-2 all-time advantage, which includes a 2-1 road record. The Matadors won the last game played in the series, defeating USU 63-62 in the semifinals of the 2004 Big West Tournament. The last time USU played at CS Northridge, the Aggies notched a 69-47 win.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
That Ref ought to be fired that made that phanton foul call on Harris that fouled him out. THE AGGIES WERE ROBBED. Man is there a conference anywhere with this shity of refs. UNBELIEVABLE!

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
aggies didn't lose that game on ref's bad call. they were already in bad foul trouble and spencer was sick during the game. it was a bad call but you could see aggies fading and matadors quickness was more evident in the 2nd half.