VANCOUVER INFO FOR TUESDAY:

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
was watching the T.V (no pun intended) tonite...

saw that Crawford is gonna be putting in Martin Brochu instead of the lousy Dan Cloutier tomorrow against Colorado...

Vancouver would be so awesome if they had an experienced goalie on their team....

GAME ANALYSIS:VANC/COLORADO

last fives games in colorado between these 2 teams have resulted in FIVE overs...!!!
look for the same to happen tomorrow BUT:

one might lean towards Vancouver +1.5 (-145)as vancouver MAY give this new kid some support....??

any comments?

Korn

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2000
Delta, BC
Interesting... I was leaning heavily towards Colorado... I live in Vancouver and follow the Canucks... After watching them so far this year their main problem is definatly in net... Even though they have a great team, it doesn't help when you have a horrible goalie. I honestly don't know too much about Brochu, but up against a powerful Avalanche team will be a tough start. So i'd still lean towards Colorado... my prediction Colorado 5 Van 2

GL
Korn

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I would side with Vancouver here. Even with shaky goaltending, it is hard to ignore that COL was badly outshot in their first game against a decent Pittsburgh team and that Vancouver controlled the first half of the game completely against Detroit. I am going to have to try to find out something about Brochu but Vancouver looks good here.

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
Info on backup goalie:
- he was the regular and playoff season MVP in the american league
-he won the championship last season(St.John Flames) AHL
-Highly recommended by Andy Moog and Glen Hanlon
-28 yrs old, and has only played 2 games in the NHL ever
-he had a 27-19-5 record in the AHL last year with 2.60GAA and a .899 Save %
-6ft 200lbs
-earned top goaltender in AHL last year
- he was born in Quebec,

That is all the info I could get on this guy, if my memory serves me correct, whenever a goalie makes his first start for his new team and he is French Canadian, they have a 79 winning percentage. This record goes back for the last 30 years.

I am staying away from this game but if I had to pick a side it would be a small play on Vanc, look for them to show up and play their hearts out for this new guy on the block

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

Korn

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2000
Delta, BC
Just some more info...

In todays local newspaper it says that Brochu will get the start in 1 out of the next two Road games... Either tonight against Colorado or on the 11th in Dallas. It said that he most likely won't play tonight as they don't wanna throw him out there against Colorado. So he may play tonight and he may not, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Either way I still like Colorado tonight.

GL
Korn

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
I think I'll throw some change on the OVER 6.0 tonite.

thanks for the input guys.

biggrin.gif

Bet on MyBookie