Vandy/Ole Missy

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TKNIGHT33

Hail State
Forum Member
Oct 29, 2003
No way Vandy can't cover +7 points, They always play the Rebels tough and actually have the better team at this point. Ole Miss doesn't even know who will start at quarterback because they both are not very good, Spurlock will have to have a breakout game to beat Vandy and I don't see it. Vandy wins outright by 7. See this line being 4 to 5 by kickoff.

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
FWIW.... Ole Miss head coach has said that he will not start Spurlock, but instead go with the sophomore...forget his name, but put up the late TD vs Alabama; however, both QB's should get playing time.... Just an FYI.

Here's the article if anyone is interested.....

Ole Miss looking to Flatt

By MIKE ORGAN
Staff Writer

Ethan Flatt of Nashville most likely will replace an inconsistent Micheal Spurlock as Mississippi's starting quarterback against Vanderbilt, Rebels Coach David Cutcliffe said yesterday.

''We will probably start Ethan at quarterback, but as always will continue to evaluate practice as the week goes on,'' Cutcliffe said after practice yesterday. ''Both Ethan and Micheal are going to play Saturday.''

Flatt, a 6-foot-6 sophomore who played at David Lipscomb, replaced Spurlock at quarterback in Ole Miss' loss at Alabama. Cutcliffe, speaking at his weekly news conference, declined to name a starter, but apparently changed his mind after the workout.

''There were some positive things that came out of the Alabama game, but, overall, we are still pretty inconsistent at the quarterback position,'' Cutcliffe said during the news conference.

Spurlock, who played sparingly behind Eli Manning during the past two seasons, started the Rebels' first two games but led just one touchdown drive in seven quarters.

He was pulled during the third quarter of the Alabama game in favor of Flatt, who led Ole Miss to its only points in the 28-7 loss.

''Micheal managed the game fairly well, but missed some open receivers and we need to correct those errors,'' Cutcliffe said. ''At times, Ethan threw the ball well and moved the team, but there are also some inconsistencies there. As a team, we want to complete 60 percent of our passes, and we aren't coming close to that. We are falling far short of our quarterback expectations.''

Spurlock is 16-of-46 for 236 yards this season, and Flatt is 5-of-12 for 63 yards with the Rebels' only touchdown pass.

Missing Manning

Through the preseason there was speculation that there would be no drop-off for Ole Miss' offense with Spurlock replacing Eli Manning.

Consider this, however. After his first two games last season Manning was 48-of-81 (59.3 percent) for 567 yards and five TDs. After his first two games Spurlock is 16-of-46 (34.8 percent) 236 yards and no TDs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Joe De

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
I agree, Vandy is pissed-off and they actually play better on the road. Take the points...it's a gift this week.

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
Vandy usually does not play well when the game is expected to be competitive. Don't get sucked in -- Vandy is Vandy.

Last edited:

BigSlick

Rex Legis
Forum Member
Oct 13, 2003
Tampa (4 now)
I was hoping they would start Flatt. I watched the Bama game and thought that he looked pretty damn good. Once he came in, the Offense started to click a little - players seemed to be interested in playing despite the score. I have a small amount on Ole Miss, but not trying to persuade anyone.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg