Video game systems

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Thinking about getting a new video game system. I'm not going to buy the xbox even though I hear it is very, very good. I am debating between the Nintendo Wii and PS3. I sort of want to get them both, but I'm thinking one is enough - don't want to upset the wife. I know the wii console sells better but I have heard good things about the PS3 as well. Also, my friend has the PS3 and I played it and really, really like it. My wife played the Wii with some friends and she told me she enjoyed it, I've never played it.

Any suggestions? I don't really care about the Wii being a little cheaper. I'm looking for the one I think I'll have the most fun with.

kneifl

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Depends on what type of games you want? Some experts have said that the PS 3 hasn't even come close to its full potential. Apparently the game programmers are still figuring out its capability, so expect better graphics to come.

What kind of games do you like?
For me I like the PS3 better because of the tactical and action games. I am really wanting to get into some sports games this year.

On the other hand I go to my sister's and play the WII with my girlfriend and nephews. Now that system is great fun with the family and my girlfriend digs it. She hates the ps 3. So I can still play games have fun with her.

So I guess the PS 3 is better if I am by myself and the WII is better when I am with family but it all depends on what you like.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Also the controller interaction with the WII is fun as well. So if you can afford it I would say buy both. Use the PS 3 for your personal play and use the WII to play with you wife and kids if you got em. You can't go wrong.

Simply In The Red

is broke.
Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Lost in Texas
Just get all three. :142smilie

I've had my Xbox 360 for a year now and love it. Just picked a Wii last week and will most likely get a PS3 after the upcoming price drop and a new HDTV.

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
I have the PS3 (80GB) and so far very happy with yet, but as someone mentioned it would be more for you than anything else. I also have the ability to play PS2 games on my machine, currently just beat God of War I & II. On-line gaming is available and supposed to be great with many shooter games. I am just getting ready to crack into Call of Duty 4. Oh yea, there is that Blu-Ray thingy to which I haven't used, but it is supposed to better than the real thing due to the extra cooling fans.

Get Wii if you want the family to play, heard this is great too.

Last edited:

INEEDMONEY

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2005
Athens, Ga
I personally love the xbox 360 because of the download capabilities like moves and music. I agree with the above posts about the wii being more of a gimmick. It is hard to sit back and get involved by yourself with games for the wii. It is a great console to play with at parties or three to four friends. I would suggest the 360 because you can grab one for around 200 dollars used at gamestop. But the ps3 is very impressive also I just dont see any games on there I cant play on the 360, but I only play 2-3 games!! NCAA 09 rules! NBA 2k8 best basketball out there!

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
got this off ebay for about 347+20 s/h = 367, hope I got a good deal

got this off ebay for about 347+20 s/h = 367, hope I got a good deal

Finally looking to buy a Nintendo Wii? Look no further, as this auction includes absolutely EVERYTHING you could need! Everything is adult owned and was purchased new, by myself, within the last few months. So everything is in its orginal box/case with manuals included and is all guaranteed to work. Now, for the good stuff... Included is: Nintendo Wii Console, A/V cable, A/C cable(power plug), verticle stand, and sensor bar. Two Wii remotes with jackets, two nunchuk controllers, two wireless GAMECUBE controllers(these arent usually inluded in other auctions and are needed to play gamecube games & some v/c games), 1 original gamecube 259 memory card(also needed to save gamecube games), as well as a Sandisk Wii brand 1.0 GB SD memory card(new and sealed!),and one Wii Wheel. games are: Wii Sports, Wii play, Marvel Ultimate Alliance(Wii), Tiger Woods 07-a blast to play(Wii), Link's Crossbow Training with Wii Zapper(Wii), and Lord of the Rings: the Third Age(Gamecube)-awesome rpg. So all in all thats about 18 games included! But, there are also 8(could be more, thats how many I remembered) Virtual console classic games :

Nes:

Metroid

Kid Icarus

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Snes:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Romance of the 3 kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire

N64:

Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards

Paper Mario

And there are also 2 WiiWare games included, LostWinds and Star Soldier R! thats 10 more games giving you a total of 28! There are also 200 Wii Points included that I had left over to go toward purchasing new Virtual Console/ WiiWare games! Remember, everything is in perfect shape in in fine working order... this is the 2008 version. I just bought a PS3 and haven't turned this baby on since May(which makes this unit virtually about 2 months old), so i thought someone else would enjoy it more than me... Shipping is free if Buy It Now is used!!

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
I decided to get wii first

I decided to get wii first

because my wife and some of her friends like it. Also, I figure I can always get the ps3 later because her liking the wii will give me a good excuse to buy the ps3 for myself.

kneifl

Bet on MyBookie