Vikes vs packers and more week 2

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Well what a week 1 for the Packers, they were left for dead and then the Man took over with a little help from a Bears defensive implosion while the Vikes held on in a sloppy game against the Niners. Also both teams catch a break with the Lions looking like trash. So off to this game..
Let make this clear if Kizer plays the Vikes gonna win this is all about Rodgers playing..

Packers made some adjustments second half defensively I don?t know if it was them or if the Bears anemic offense took over or a little of both, Vikes looked good offensively first half and then went into a conservative shell.. To me the intangibles are alll on Green Bay?s side. You have Cousins going on the road in a big early season game against the best qb in football. The problem the Vikings have is that their offensive line is bad and struggle to run the ball. I can see them being overwhelmed in this game and get dominated by the Packers front. Look for a key turnover, some false starts and holding along that line. On the other side Rodgers will be in quick tempo passing and maybe they try to run the ball a little bit more to slow the game down and control clock. Vikes defense can struggle on grass and let me tell you Niners had receivers wide open last week, jimmy G missed them and Rodgers won?t provided the opportunity. Green Bay has had this game circled for a long time now and I expect the Vikings O line problems to be the difference. Pack 24-17

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Giants +3

I think they have more weapons than Dallas and Dak isn?t very good

Bears -3.5

Be nice to hit sunday and Monday night games , back to back roadies for the Hawks I really like this Bears team.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Never expected a first half shootout Last night.

I have no idea what to think about Rodgers, he has to play IMO but the smart move would be to
Sit him and live to play another day.

Where are all the Packer fans at? Nothing this year and usually we tangle

Shleprock

Forum Member
Jan 21, 2007
Roger's will play Boyle hasn't getting any reps at practice hes the 3rd string qb. Also it's only a sprain I think the severity of degree was a bit overblown. Granted it hurt but it's a mild one. Think Graham will be the difference in this game. This is same defense philly had their way with so Rodgers should be able to expose them. Not sure what to think of packer d but Matthew's has been getting destroyed does he bounce back? I'm thinking 34-24 packers.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Roger's will play Boyle hasn't getting any reps at practice hes the 3rd string qb. Also it's only a sprain I think the severity of degree was a bit overblown. Granted it hurt but it's a mild one. Think Graham will be the difference in this game. This is same defense philly had their way with so Rodgers should be able to expose them. Not sure what to think of packer d but Matthew's has been getting destroyed does he bounce back? I'm thinking 34-24 packers.

I?m still picking the Packers but a defense can have one bad game, they were banged up as well but the packers don?t have the running game plus the Vikes added Richardson up the middle and changes nickel corners. I would be shocked the Pack get into the 30s unless their defense turns the Vikes over. Heading to the game in about 90 minutes

Shleprock

Forum Member
Jan 21, 2007
That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen viking were the beneficiary.

Shleprock

Forum Member
Jan 21, 2007
I?m still picking the Packers but a defense can have one bad game, they were banged up as well but the packers don?t have the running game plus the Vikes added Richardson up the middle and changes nickel corners. I would be shocked the Pack get into the 30s unless their defense turns the Vikes over. Heading to the game in about 90 minutes

Packers got robbed. Viking defense not the same since eagles exposed them

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
The game was terribly officiated until the point the Packers were in the clubhouse with the victory and it was stolen. Sad thing is, they won't be the only team this year that will be victimized by a rule that was adopted because of the play of the Vikings last year.

The Vikings defense is not the same when they are wearing cleats on grass as opposed to a track meet on turf, especially without the advantage of a deafening indoor arena when the offense can't communicate.

GL

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
That was a terrible call on Matthews just bad saying that, I?ll take it Vikes have been hosed in that joint more than once in my lifetime..

If anyone thinks the Vikes should not have signed Cousins and went with Keenum I hope you look at some of the throws he made. Keenum wouldn?t have come close in this one.

Vikes are highly over rated..... no running game at all, defense a little over rated for sure, defense was number one last year cause they played Hundley, trabisky both twice Kizer, Flacco, Winston and tbets just off the top of my head..

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Also Rodgers has to take some heat as well, think he audibles to a pass play in OT and the Vikes sacked him on an alll out blitz to knock them out of fg range, and late 4th quarter they are throwing and not running saving the Vikings 2 timeouts just dumb

Bet on MyBookie