Vikings - Packers week

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Vikes are - 3 with a total around 46

Nothing really to predict here, your guess is as good as mine, I do have several questions though. Packers swept the Vikes last year and have much less turnover than the Vikes at the starter positions and yet the Vikes are still favored? Why is that? Are they basing it off the 2020 NFL draft where the Packers got poor grades and the Vikes got excellent grades? If so the draft usually doesnt have that big of impact week 1 especially with no pre season.

Vikings are replacing their entire starting CB rotation including the Nickle corners, Hill and Hughes aren't that bad but Rodgers and Adams should be licking their chops. Vikings are also thin on interior line with Pearce the run stuffer they signed opting out. On offense they are shuffling the guards around this year and the receiving core is tweaked with Diggs gone and he draft of Jefferson and adding Sharpe. Bisi Johnson a late pick from Colorado will get the start opposite Theilen with Jefferson in the slot. The change in the positive is Kubiak taking over OC duties and they will attack with the run and short passing game. Irv Smith Jr TE drafted last year should see a dramatic increased roll in this offense and will be looking to seem defenses down the middle.

As for the Packers they have changes on offensive line but nothing dramatic. Their problem is the receiving core minus Davante Adams they are hoping for someone to step up and I think they have bunch of 3 and 4 receivers but wouldn't be surprised to see Lazard emerge as the clear cut 2, tight end is also up in the air. On defense they are changing it up at LB with Kirksey in the middle along with last year's number one pick Rashan Gary seeing more time, the Smith brothers take up the edge. Pack's weakness has been stopping the run and tight end.

For the Vikings to win, they will have to run the ball as effectively as they did in Lambeau last year and protect Cousins, as Green Bay swarmed him last year in both games as the Smith Brothers will all over the place. For the Packers to win its going to be more on the running game and Aaron Jones, Jones has had many good games against the Vikes and the Vikes should be a bottom tier run defense this year. If this is effective Roders will be able to find his targets one 3rd and manageable.

I think I have talked myself into a Packers call because they have Rodgers and have the least turnover at the skilled positions.

Wineguy

Forum Member
Feb 7, 2000
Atlanta, GA
Trevor, why put your money toward a situation that you sorta have to root against your favorite team going against the hated rivals in a division game? I don't get guys doing that when there are 12-13 other games you can wager on. Good luck to you bud.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Trevor, why put your money toward a situation that you sorta have to root against your favorite team going against the hated rivals in a division game? I don't get guys doing that when there are 12-13 other games you can wager on. Good luck to you bud.

I?m not betting I?m suggesting the packers here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
Cook agreeing to 12.5 million/yr can?t hurt the running game. I may have to play over rushing yards prop on him.

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
Vikings offense is still in hibernation. 54 yds total. Green Bay around 240.

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
271 now for Green Bay. Cook may be catching passes in second half but doubt he will get many rushing attempts.

Bet on MyBookie