VT/MIAMI

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

yipyip

Forum Member
Aug 20, 2004
Id be willing to say that probably 2 out of 3 bettors have some sort of action on this game.

Why? Because its primetime TV's premier matchup, not always the best investment on the board gets the bet.

You can also pencil me in for NOT getting involved in the T>O garbage Sunday night Wash/Philly guessing game or the Monday night pull up your bootstraps and get out of the weekend hole N.E./INDY game.

At least in two of these games the spread will be in question by one touchdown going into the final 5 minutes. Personally, Id rather bet on the Navy and Kansas's from the board. Is anyone besides myself planning on passing on these marquee games altogether? Does this sound like some crazy conspiracy angle or perhaps overloaded discipline?

Comments...

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
You said the same thing in my thread and I completely disagree with you. There have been value plays on big games in the past and will always be in the future.

So I guess you'll pass on all the bowl games too because they are national TV games right? See my point??? I make big profits during bowl season so how do you explain that?

yipyip

Forum Member
Aug 20, 2004
I said the Northwestern/Iowa game would be "good TV" and not "good for betting"

It was. Exactly.

Unless you determine winning or losing by the result of two touchdowns in the last two minutes along with a recovered onside kick.

Exciting, last second deciding football... sure.

Was it a "value play on a big game" that happened to be on national TV. You won, so you tell me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Hell yes it was a value play and I explained exactly why in my thread. Northwestern getting 3 at home where they play very well and Iowa not as explosive as some other teams that Northwestern has faced.

Yeah, it just so happened that Iowa got off to a great start and Northwestern had to come back in the final minutes to win it. But you give me Northwestern +3 at home against Iowa and I win 7 out of 10 IMO. That is why I played it big. . . doesn't matter whether its on ABC, TBS, Fox Sports, ESPN, a local channel, or no TV.

IowaFats

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ
You got lucky...period

Thats what happens when you gamble.

To sit there and say how good of a pick it was is absolutely rridiculous.

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
I went fairly big on MIAMI tonite due to the ML drop on VaTech. was VERY light for the line, hope it holds up, my MIAMI ML would be a nice ticket to cash.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yipyip

Forum Member
Aug 20, 2004
Getting back to the title.

Perhaps I was wrong, this was a good game to bet on, not to watch.

Congrats to all Miami backers.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
I totally agree with you about the huge matchups, I try to pick off the easy lines that don't have as much coverage. Miami/VT looked like a gimme for miami backers but not for other 70% of us.
Iowa NW was another terrible game to bet on and you got lucky or unlucky either way you bet on it.

Way I see it almost every SEC game is a tough bet because those teams are so week to week it is tough to get a consistent view of them. And SEC lovers dont bring your records of bettin on SEC games either, I like SEC, it is just most of them are very good and you never know how much they wil score or not, or who they will play hard or not.

My humble advice is to bet on the decent teams that are HUGE dogs to monster teams. SC has not covered 5 out of 6 weeks. They probably will though against CAL, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Kansas a 34 point dog to TEXAS?!?!?! play of the week baby.