wait til next yr

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mephisto

Band User
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2005
Getting my kicks on Route 666
Hey DD,
Any specific reason you're saying that. I'm just thinking Larry is 90% not coming back and without him I don't think Detroit is going to be the same team, and Indiana played them tough without Artest. Miami is obvious but Shaq isn't getting any younger. Think Ind would have a reasonable chance of coming out of the east.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
O'Neal has the heart of a tin man...
Artest will do something stupid... He still might get traded.
Bender will be hurt yet again, again, again, and again.
Miller retried. He was their only consistent three point shooter.
Foster is a great role player... Couldn't hit a shot past four feet to save his life.
A. Johnson is a decent back-up.
F. Jones is an average player.
They should have never traded A. Harrington.
A. Croshere is terrible.
They should have traded Artest for McGrady.

They have no one on the roster who can get his own shot.
They continue to get beat by teams who have quickness from the guard spot.
They have no one who can consistently slash to the bucket.
No chemistry...

That being said, they have tremendous defense, and are very athletic. So if they add a piece or two then we can talk.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
The 3 teams that jump out at me are

Dallas 19-1
Houston 17-1
Denver 13-1

All 3 teams made playoffs this year and competed well. All 3 teams were new and went through change last year. All 3 should make big improvements. If they improve, then they are contending, that means great value at those prices!

But the team to beat will be the SA Spurs. They will be scary good next year. People forget Duncan was playing with 2 bad ankles and Devin Brown was out of playoff rotation. Brown was big time contributor for Spurs during season and he plays well both ends of court. Spurs have this PF foreign player they drafted last year or 2 years ago I think from Argentina that is ready to go to NBA and he is suppose to be a stud. Rumors are Spurs "might" be thinking about trading Parker for Jason Kidd. Udrich was a rookie this year and should be lot better next year along with Nazr Muhammad who was in his first year as Spur and adjusting.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mephisto

Band User
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2005
Luis Scola is the Argentinian power forward that SA hopes to sign this summer, he's been playing in a european league, supposed to be good. Udrih and Nesterovic are the two obvious choices to deal, although Udrih showed some promise at times but really fizzled in the finals. Cannot see anyway that Parker goes for Kidd, if for any other reason because Duncan likes Tony on the team I'm pretty sure. Anybody see Tony rapping in french at their little party, was on espnnews, and the french were going to throw a parade for him as well, Stern is probably wetting his pants over all this world attention that he can ignore the crappy TV ratings back home.

Kidd had his chance 2 yrs ago, they really laid out the red carpet for him but he turned 'em down, rumored in part cuz his wife didn't want to either leave Jersey or go to SA and of course maybe wasn't true but makes a good story.

Mephisto

Band User
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2005
Looks like Spurs aren't getting Scola but true to their international leanings they've signed another argentenian, Oberto. Here's a blurb from the local SA paper. (registration may be required, not sure)
--------------------------------------------------
Unwilling to wait any longer for Argentine forward Luis Scola to arrange a buyout agreement with his Spanish team, the Spurs have decided to sign one of his countrymen instead.

Fabricio Oberto, the starting center on Argentina's national team and one of Manu Ginobili's best friends, has reached an agreement in principle with the Spurs on a three-year contract worth about $7.5 million.

Players can't officially sign contracts until the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement is completed. The league has set July22 as a target date for lifting its signing moratorium.

Oberto, 30, averaged 14.2 points and 7.3 rebounds last season for Pamesa Valencia in Spain's top league. He stands 6-foot-10 and is a good passer and solid low-post scorer whose selflessness, toughness and basketball IQ have long attracted the Spurs.

Last edited: