Ward's Winners For the Weekend...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Well I tried to find my record from last year but I could not. I do remember that I had something like a 50%-55% winning percentage.

Anwyay, here are my picks. Please make comments and stuff about them. There probably is a lot I missed:

Iowa St.-21
Illinios-7.5
Florida St.-27
Baylor+9.5
Boise State -23
Virgina Tech-7 (game of the week for me. I love this one)
Auburn+7

I love VT because IMO LSU is highly overrated. VT has a good defense and can put points on the board. LSU does not have a QB. Mauck is very very average when it comes to actually passing the ball. Toefield, LSU's RB, is a very good back. But I do think he is their only weapon due to that fact that Mauck can not get the ball to the WRs.

Anyway, give me your comments, I look forward to them.

Probably will be adding some later on.

Man is good to have football back and look forward to getting back involved with MJs.

GL to Everyone.

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND"

:lol: You gotta love Corso...reason I bring that up is cuz that moron thinks LSU is gonna win it all :eek:

Good Luck wit yo playz

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I forgot about that. Yet another reason to bet big with VT.

If you watched the SEC Championship Game last year you saw the kind of passing QB LSU has: a crappy one. Mauck could not complete a forward pass to save his life. All night was QB draws and handoffs to the RB.

If Mauck suddenly improves beyond belief, then LSU will be a good team. Until then, I think they finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC West.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

justahunch

Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
BAMA
GL & RTR

OLE MISS -33 :(

VA. TECH -7 :D

TN. -31 :D

LOUISVILLE -13.5 :shrug:

GA TECH -20.5 :D

AUBURN +7

Last edited:

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I am looking hard at the KY-Lou game. I could be adding it. I want to find out a little bit more about KY. About all I know is that they have fatty at QB and Lorenzan is not that bad a QB.

Fill me in on your thinking into that pick, if you do not mind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Adding:

Air Force pk

Think the wing or option or whatever they want to call it, will give NW fits. NW has very little talent. AF does not have that much either but they are playing at home and they do have a unique offense that gives many teams fits. I am not really considering the alltitude a factor, also.

freelancc

Forum Member
Aug 18, 2002
Nevada
L.S.U. is not very good on the road, and i have seen them lay an egg many timess. At home they are a great team, particularly in the evening.

The Va. Tech game is appealling.. definitely worth 1 unit

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Adding:

Louisville-13

Ragone will tear up the UK defense. UK's defense is horrible and it will show this game. Lorenzan is about the only weapon that UK has and it will not be enough.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Good luck this year, Ward! I agree with all of your picks except for Florida St. The public pushes this line way to high IMO. FSU has done nothing in the past year to warrant a 27 pt fav.

Spurred-vi.jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Thanks War Eagle,

I think FSU will come out with something to prove after last week. FSU will put it to a not very good UVA team. I do agree that the line might be a little inflated with FSU, but I am willing to take that chance.

How do you feel about your boys going over the left coast? I guess I do not want them to win but of course I do want them to cover. I think AU's defense will be very stout this year, considering your LB group that is great. As far as offense, I think it will be Carnell, Carnell, and a little more Carnell. AU could have a great season if you get some QB play out of Cobb or Campbell.

Anyway, good luck to you also and give me your thoughts on the USC game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Adding:

Oregon -11

As you know by now that MSU's QB Kevin Fant will not be making the game. That is the reason for this play. MSU was not very good in the first place but now they are even worse. There defense also is no where near what it used to be. Joe Lee Dunn will have to sufer through another year of watching his defense split open like a high schooler on prom night.

GL TO ALL.

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Good Luck to everyone today.

Dirty Doug and/or Deshazo, you can both bite my white ass. Your boys are going down on Monday. ;)

Anyway, good luck and I am going to the Alabama-MTSU game. I will not list it as a play nor will I bet on it, but MTSU would be a solid pick against my Tide. Alabama has generally been a slow starting team. We also will be running the ball all game which makes that clock just wind away.

So I would suggest MTSU, but I can not make a pick against my team on the first real weekend of college football.

GLTA. :)

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
W-L: 4-5-1

Took some tough losses this weekend. Thank goodness for me personally, I loaded up on Oregon and Virginia Tech. I also put down a good bit on AU and the under. The AU game is the push because I posted it at +7, but hopefully you were able to get it at +7.5. That is the line I got it at when I placed my bet yesterday.

Anyway, looking forward to rebounding this weekend. I might even take my tide this weekend, but will look very hard at it so as to make sure the bet would be with my brains and not my heart.

Anyway, hope everyone did well this weekend.