MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
YTD: 40-41-1
LW: 8-9

Not a good week last week. I am still in shock over Arkansas thrashing the Auburn Tigers. Anyway on this weeks games.

WVU-7.5
NCST-25
Minnesota+3.5
OSU-6.5
Vandy+26
Rutgers+41
Iowa St+9
A&M-23.5
Tulane-3.5
ASU+11
Ole Miss+11 (Best Bet, Game of the Year)
Colorado-28
Kentucky+10
Air Force-2.5
Hawaii-31

I love Ole Miss against my favorite team. Eli will keep this game close if not win it. Alabama has an improved secondary but it still needs to get better to enter the good category. Alabama will run the ball which means they will not be into lighting up the scoreboard too much. OM will do the exact oposite. Alabama should turn Ole Miss into a one dimensional team but that will not matter. Alabama turned Oklahoma into a one dimensional team by holding them to -36 yards rushing. OU and their backup QB, Hybel, still threw all over us and still one. I forsee the same kinda of numbers for Eli and I see a close game with the winner winning by 3 to 7 points. Hopefully Alabama will be that team.

One other comment about the games. I am taking Air Force simply because I am not getting off this train into it pulls into the station. I have bet with them every week they have played and I am not stopping until they let me down. Hopefully they will not this week.

Anyway, give me you input on these games. I do not care if it is positive or negative, just like to other's views.

Good luck to everyone this week. :D

kenman

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2002
East Coast
I'm with you all the way on Air Force, I am up 30+ unit from AF alone and will not jump off the wagon now. :nono: :nono: :D Also, love Hawaii on the island and should win by 40+. GL

s.e.c guru

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
SOMEWHERE AROUND THE S.E.C.
i am on ole miss also, but for only 3 units. 1 thing that disturbs me about this game is that ole miss very rarely plays well agains alabama. i certainly wouldnt load the wagon on this game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Howie's Hot

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland Oh
Thanks Bama, like following your picks and will probably start posting as well a little more. curious on one though...All week I have loved Arkansas, especially at home this week...personally I think KY is about to decline a little and ARK is playing outstanding football on the road, and look for them too please the home crowd in a big way....any thoughts??

:confused:

Punch23

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2000
Birmingham, AL USA
hellloooooooo

hellloooooooo

If you're gonna bet against the tide and call it your "best bet of the year", you may as well change your avatar to an ole miss rebel. Come on, if you really like ole miss that much, for god sake's don't bet on it!!! Now, you're going to be pulling for ole miss as they are marching into to our house. let me give you a little advice, NEVER BET AGAINST THE TIDE. you will get burned and you will regret that you aren't going to be able to share as much excitement when Ole miss gets romped by the tide. I went to alabama and any game that I thought was iffy ATS in favor of the other team, I stayed away. Where's the pride???
Wes

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Howie's,

I think UK is a pretty solid team. They did go down and play well in the swamp when UF actually was playing fairly well. I think Arkansas is a pretty good team also. I do not however think they are better to the tune of 10 points. Arkansas does not light up the scoreboard unless they are playing a Tuberville coached team. Arkansas has owned Tubberville. Also I think this line is inflated due to the big game last week at Auburn. That is my thoughts. I like the game but it is not one of my top plays.

Also thank you for the kind words.

Punch,

Me betting Ole Miss will not change the way I cheer. I still will be 100% Bama. Besides I do not have enough money to lay down the mortgage on this game i.e. if I lose I will not be eating PBJ sandwichs the rest of the year.

I think that this game will be back and forth. If that is the case then I have nothing to worry about. I will be very mad if OM wins though. I do not think they will though.

Also, I have never nor will I ever bet a game where for me to win Alabama would have to lose. I usually only bet against Alabama when I think we are favored by way too much. I have my pride, and I love my Tide. Me betting that Bama does not affect my pride at all. ROLL TIDE ROLL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Ward, You stated that air force has made you a ton of money ATS. On the Flip side, the irish have not lost ATS either this year. they have made my pockets hang lower each saturday so far.

ND+3'
Bama -11 tide may run for 500

good luck

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Wareagle,

I have yet to bet with ND this year. I guess I screwed up. But nonetheless, I got to ride the team that has been hot for me.

Good luck tomorrow. I am lookforward to that AU-UF game. It will be interesting to see which team decides to show. Both have been playing pretty bad so at least someone has to win. ;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Punch23

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2000
Birmingham, AL USA
pbj's

pbj's

Any more best bet's of the year against the tide?

I tried to warn you.

ROLL GDDDDDDDDDDDDDD TIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Punch,

You were dead on right and I was dead on wrong. I do not really need you to rub it in on though.

BTW, I was still damn happy after the game. Like I said before I never bet enough to the point where a loss makes me miserable.

Also, my GOY this week is Tennessee, I figure that will make help Alabama end the 7 year losing streak.;) :D

Finally, I will be eating grilled crow for the next week or so I guess. :lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
Bama6895 said:
...my GOY this week is Tennessee, I figure that will make help Alabama end the 7 year losing streak.;) :D

...you sound like me, Ward. That's kind of funny...you're going to take Tenn -3 this weekend in order to help your Tide and I'm going to take Bama +3 because, as I tell my buddies, "I'll pay to see Tennessee cover that number...."

...however, one of us will be wearing a different avatar after this next weekend. LOL :eek:

Are you going to make me give you the 3 or are we going to say winner take all? :shrug:

p.s. I don't think that I'm going to make it to the game with so much going on in school.... (3 exams, an oral brief and Moot Court trial all before Thanksgiving) but I'll see what I can do, as I'd like to buy you a beer on Ole Rocky Top if I can manage the trip. Good luck in your games next weekend, especially with your GOY. :D

Howie's Hot

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland Oh
guys are cracking me up....bama, should have listened to you on ARK..was a little brainwashed by their past performances and underestimating KY. I'll be looking for ya this week...

how

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Ward, I warned you about the Falcons... think about ND vs AF hmmmmmm. a lot easier in hindsight...

like the Tide this weekend along with my stumbling tigers. We are getting 4 at home, sounds like some value:nono:

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Taoist,

I will lose money to see the Tide beat UT. We will have winner take all, no point spread, just straight up. You need to go to the game. I could 5 exams next week and I would not miss that damn game.

Howie,

I hope you follow my winners and not my losers. Actually there are about 1000 better cappers in here other then me, so I would follow them if I had to choose. Just fade my GOYs. :lol:

WarEagle,

I will probably just stay the hell away from that AU game. Also remember that AU most embarrasing losses in most recent memory have been at home against Alabama and Arkansas.

Punch23

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2000
Birmingham, AL USA
my bad

my bad

didn't mean to rub anything in, I started drinking at noon and things got a little hazy. :confused:
Why the hell is the tide not favored this weekend?
Wes

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
It is ok Punch.

Bama is not favored because it is at UT. If it were at Alabama then the Tide would be favored by 3. Remember that generally the home team gets 3 points.

I feel good about this weekend but at the same time I am scared to death. I do not want to go through another year of losing to UT. AU is the biggest game of the year but I take a loss to UT the hardest because that is where I am from. I just want to beat those bastards so bad it is scary. :mad:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dungy

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
Tuscaloosa,AL
wardy poo, that game of the wans't even close. anyway you should be ashamed of yourself for making the game of the year an opponent of alabama, i thought you were a fan?

:thefinger