Wash/G State?

gfrazier

Forum Member
Feb 11, 2004
Bakerfield
Golden State has been hot against the spread latley but Washington is clearly the better team, especially with Davis not playing tonight. G State played 24 hours ago with 5 of their players playing 35 minutes or more tonight. With not much on the line for the Warriors and playoff position on the line for the Wizards I see a track meet that will shift the favor of the Wizards in the second half when the Warriors are having some late season tired legs.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
warriors are 4 games out with 14 still to play, including a home game with the current #8 (sacramento). kings have a brutal schedule to close the season as well. hard to say that nothing is on the line for golden state

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
... though just because a team might have something to play for, certainly doesn't mean they will act like it. golden state getting absolutely manhandled. good call on washington.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
in all seriousness, thats one thing that annoys me about the nba. in other sports, teams will get beat but they wont flat out not show up.

washington is 2,000 miles from home and pulling off a west coast swing very late in an 82 game season and they are beating the shit out of golden state, who (woe is us) played in-state against sacramento last night.

nobody is saying golden state has to win. but they're laying down with no effort.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Fabulous said:
GMan,

Do you like GS to wake up in the 2nd half? The line is -4.5

appreciate that you respect my opinion enough to ask, but i pride myself in college, not pros. i can normally get a very good feel for if a team is going to stay down or make a push to get back in it (in ncaa that is) but your guess is as good as mine in this one. with the way the nba is, it wouldnt be a shocker if golden state came back to win .... or if washington won by 22. i just popped in the thread originally to state that gs does have a legitimate playoff shot. but this kind of effort is one youd expect from a lottery team.

Fabulous

Forum Member
Apr 10, 2002
Chicago
I hear ya GMan. These guys show up to play about 1/2 the time. They could either give up in the 2nd half like Phx or come back and win like Miami. Washington is not exactly a defensive powerhouse so they could let GS back in this.

Bet on MyBookie