Washington @ Ohio State

Variable1

Forum Member
Aug 26, 2003
VA
Typed this up on another thread, wanted to post this here. Line was different at the time I posted this.

Line I think is at OSU -10.5

HUSKIES +10.5
HUSKIES ML +Whatever

Not sure on the Units yet.

Breaking down this game cause I think My Huskies are underrated coming into this year.

First of all, I think the BUCKEYES were alot like the ANGELS last year. Period. They got ALOT of breaks and had alot of Close games. 7 of their wins were won by 7 points or less, and in those games, ALOT of clutch plays came from both sides of the ball to win those close games. The Buckeyes had everything fall their way last season, Much like the Anaheim angels did. Im not saying they arent a good team, Im just pointing out some angles.

Now this game on the 30th is a BIG game for both teams IMO.

1. OSU needs to get off to a great start to silence skeptics like me who think it was a "lucky" season.

2. Clarett and the Rest of The Buckeyes need to show that the Off-season issues are a thing of the past. I think Clarett will be available to play, and MAY be ready. There are some ?? marks about this that I cannot overlook.

3. HUSKIES Need a win for their new head coach! What a better way to start off the season than defeating the Champs!

4. HUSKIES too have alot of issues coming into this season that they need to put behind them. EVERYONE on this Huskies team needs to be focused and that will have ?? marks as well coming into this game.

This will be a very interesting game to say the Least!!! I have a feeling that it will be built up a little bit more in the Next week.

Ok, now lets breakdown the HUSKIES.

IMO, they match up VERY well against the Buckeyes! Not just saying this cause I went there but by what I see.
We have KEY offensive and Defensive starters returning this year.

On offense, Cody Pickett and Reggie Williams both return and arguably, the best QB-WR tandem in the country last year.

Pickett threw for 4,461 yds and 28 TD's
Williams 1,455 YDS REC and 11 TD's

The Running game, well to be honest wasnt much of one there. For anyone that follows PAC-10, It was an absolute disgrace. Worse Rushing year the Huskies have EVER had. The running game is a big hole that needs to be filled and so far there is not a standout guy for the job. Huskies avg 78 YDS rushing a game.

the Huskies have 4 returning starters to the O line which should be much improved due to a new O line coach.
The Tight End position has always been utilized on offense in Huskie football and they have 3 good tight ends with Joe Toledo as the Hands down starter, but all three are have good offense scoring capabilities.

Huskies were ranked #4 on Offense avg 420 YDS PG

On to the BUCKEYES.

Ok, we all know about Clarett, dude rushed for 1,237 YDS and 18TD's, also they have 2 very good backs(Juniors) in hall and Ross to fill in at any given time.

The Passing game for the BUCKEYES well, didnt really need it
Krenzel passed for 2,110 YDS and 12 TD's.
Leading receiver was Michael jenkins who caught for more than half of Krezels passing yds with 1,076 6 TD's

The Buckeyes have alot of starters returning this year for the Offense and Krenzel was a bit underated last year.

Buckeyes Ranked #92 on Offense with 364 YDS PG

Running out of time, so will make the rest short and Sweet.

HUSKIE Defense

Good corps of Linebackers led by Marquis Cooper. Huskies last year were good against the Run allowing 97 YPG rushing.
Defensive line needs some players.
Secondary, especially safeties can use alot of patchwork, as the Passing Defense allowed around 260 Yds a game.
Overall a solid Defense.

BUCKEYES Defense

Some returners from last season but lost some key players in the Defense.
Buckeyes great against the Run allowing only 78YDS PG
Passing defense was in question allowing 240Yds PG
Overall a solid defense

Huskies match up VERY well against the Buckeyes on Offense and Defense. I'll take the Huskies here to win outright as well

Chewbaca

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
Midwest
I like the pts in this game. Ive also seen your huskies picked

to win the pac 10 in some circles.

GL

Variable1

Forum Member
Aug 26, 2003
VA
He is suspended,

At the time I capped and posted this game, he was not suspended, and I liked them when I assumed he was going to play..Also, Gamble might be out as well.

I posted this write up at another site before I pasted it here.

GL
V

bgold13

The BestBradley
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
encino, ca
I like Wash here too... but it is very hard to say the Huskies are UNDERrated especially coming off last year

Bet on MyBookie