Water Heater Guru's...I Have A Question

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chopsticks

Fish Head
Forum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Arlington, TX (But a Missourian at heart)
Everywhere in my house, the water heats up really quick and really hot, however, in my masterbathroom, the standup shower takes forever to warm up and even then, the water is not that hot. Now, the bathtub next to it and my two sinks do fine with the hot water. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks...
mj03.gif

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
We realized in February that our downstairs shower is not getting hot water. Obviously, we only use it a few times a year, or we would have noticed it sooner. Our home is about three years old and we have copper pipes. Is there something we can try before calling in a plumber? My husband was wondering if something was limed up. What steps should we take?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn off the water to your water heater and remove the stem. the washer might have come off and is stuck on the seat. By the way is this a single handle or two handle or three handle? Need a name or brand of valve

..................................................................................

Chops - Time to call a plumber on any gas appliance your not that fmiliar with.

Chopsticks

Fish Head
Forum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Arlington, TX (But a Missourian at heart)
Thanks for the advice, Scott. The house was just built last year, so I still have it under warranty. I was just hoping someone could give me a quick fix so I wouldn't have to go through the bother of getting with the builder. Again, thanks bro...
grins.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Heaven, oh!!, this isn't it?!
Chop,
Im a builder..........
If it is a Moen faucet, which is a popular brand, then get a replacement cartridge at the store, and the directions will walk you thru it. Too early to be limed up. This is not uncommon in new construction. I have seen it all. Solder gets stuck in those cartridges can cause this. Also saw steel wool, pieces of plumbers tools(probably broke off in the line and the dumbasses are too lazy to get it out, I mean just look at their plumbers cracks, if they are too lazy to wear their pants right.......well you get the idea! :mj07: ) and nails in their.
If thats not it, call your builder right away, tell him what you did, and he should appreciate that you tried to take care of it yourself, and should but you #1 on his punch list. :)
GL
Franky