We don't hear much about Turkey, but...

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
They seem to be a wildcard in the Iraq mess. Now they have amassed 140,000 troops on the border with Kurdish Iraq!!?? For a little persepctive, that's more than our entire forces in all of Iraq.

Kurdish rebels operate in and around Turkey, regularly carrying out suicide missions (which we never hear about) against Turkey. They boldly base themselves just outside the border.

I guess this is why Turkey was against our invasion all along. They knew the result would be an increase in Kurdish terrorist activity. When the time is right, they will take matters in their own hands and invade Kurdistan.

Do we let them? Does it matter?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
You will regret your attempts at humor when Turkey is wiping out the only "positive" result of our invasion some day.

That said, I enjoy a good Turkey sandwich as much as the next guy...
turkish_women_nt.jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Those two kurdish vixens are HOT, man. Lavendar scarves ROCK.

"That's a lovely sweater, my dear...but it'd look a lot better ON THE FLOOR!!!"

I say we drop Iraq like it's hot, and invade Turkey for the women AND the meat (so to speak...).

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
You will regret your attempts at humor when Turkey is wiping out the only "positive" result of our invasion some day.

That said, I enjoy a good Turkey sandwich as much as the next guy...
turkish_women_nt.jpg

i think the one on the left is a member of the group called 'code pink".

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
i think the one on the left is a member of the group called 'code pink".
She has sexy eyebrows.

I dated a Turkish woman in Vegas a few years ago. She was wild. Most of them aren't religious and are very Westernized. They don't like being suicide bombed any more than we do.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Before everyone gets excited about Turkey> There not on the border because they want to help us. Read history of Turks and Kurd's. Turkey could screw this up more then Bush has.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Before everyone gets excited about Turkey> There not on the border because they want to help us. Read history of Turks and Kurd's. Turkey could screw this up more then Bush has.

Of *course* they aren't there to help us. They also aren't there to hurt us. They are there to protect their interests as a country. Imagine that.

Kurds (Waynes example as some sort of 'victory' in this 'war' because of their beautiful ad with music that they sold to FOX) are responsible for 30,000 terrorist related deaths in Turkey over the last 15 years.

Turkey is very sensitive to this as their elections are approaching and fear that southern Kurds in their country and the Kurds in Northern Iraq want to carve out a 'Kurdistan.'

Let's say that Turkey comes into Northern Iraq in full force, rather than the limited amount that they already are?

Take it from there.

Reactions: WhatsHisNuts

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
And now that there is an established precedent to a preemptive strike and American forces already scrambling for a surge and no other country's having the stomach to put an army back into Iraq, is there anything to stop Turkey from an invasion?

Glad the Kurds are enjoying their newfound democracy. Let freedom reign!!!

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Interesting situation here, eh? Initially, "we" were begging for help from anyone to take over Iraq. Now that we mobilized the terrorists to come to the country, because we needed to fight terrorism "over there", we warn a country on the border of "terrorism central" that they need to stay out of the country - when they are actually being attacked.

You just can't make this stuff up. And some people actually defend it. Amazing.

Reactions: WhatsHisNuts

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area

Hello, Ladies! Will the more attractive of you please step forward.

Come, my lovely pink Darling. Let me take you to the hottest night club in Ankara where we will be whisked past the velvet rope and sword-wielding bouncers and straight to our own private booth where we may lounge on the finest area rugs and nibble on pistachios and dates and drink goats milk cocktails and smoke the hookah and I may tickle your neck with my mustache and you may run your fingers through the forest of hairs on my chest and admire the many gold chains that I have, and...

Bet on MyBookie