Wed hoops. Back by popular demand!

hobbs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2002
Well maybe not popular demand, but there were a couple people. Thanks for the nice support. Probably you want me back to fade me!!! Well whatever helps lol.

The goal is still 60%.
Season to date 2-10

Pitt -13.5 at Duq. On paper these teams dont look to different. At first glance I thought about the Indy game yesterday and that rivalries are tough sometimes. Well what we have here is simply too big a step up in class for Duq. Dixon is an excellent coach and I think he will have them ready for their first road game of the year and put the clamps down on McAllister. Better D, better boards, better coach.

The play... Pitt -13.5

CSUN +10 at FSU. What a GREAT set up for us this game. CSUN coming off a HORRIBLE performance at E. Washington while FSU went in and shocked Iowa st. FSU is getting WAY too much credit. They have zero inside presence and their D leaks like a sieve allowing opponents a horrendous 50% shooting average. CSUN not much better allowing 46%. But these teams match up very evenly. Good perimeter players not very big inside. I have been to the Save Mart center. It is not a difficult place for a visitor to play. FSU's former home Selland Arena was a nightmare for teams, but this new, modern stadium is not intimidating at all. Should be a big rebound game for CSUN, upset would not surprise me at all.

The play... CSUN +10

St. Louis +14 at N. Carolina. I must be crazy. But I think we get a classic let down game from the Tar Heels here. St. Louis plays good D and can shoot a bit (but not a good 3 pt. shooting team). They dont rebound the ball well either which is a concern. Still NC has not come about defensively as well as Roy would like I imagine. Nice upset of Kentucky, but a little too much chalk here. Dont let St. Louis loss at Wisc Mil fool you, Wisky went to the line 39 times to St. Louis 17. This game will be closer than people think.

The play... St. Louis +14

Other games Im on, short write ups...

Hofstra +3. Game goes to the wire. I will take the pts.

Rider +10.5. Love Iona this year but Rider plays better D.

Towson st. +17. Heck sometimes you got to flip a coin!

Recap
Pitt -13.5
CSUN +10
St. Louis +14
Hofstra +3
Rider +10.5
Towson st. +17

Good luck guys either playing or fading!

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Hobbs,

I think you're due for a solid streak. Don't let your record get you down. You had some tough losses on Pittsburgh and Towson State. Both games were covering late. You also had Hofstra and Rider get off to solid starts only to fade :mj14: . I look forward to your plays in the future. :toast: :Yep:

Dr. Fade

Colllector
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Kansas City
Exactly Destructor. We don't need anyone running Hobbs out of here. I've witnessed his runs in the past- he will pull out of it.

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Destructor D said:
ScreaminPain, Be nice! Hobbs is going to turn the corner real soon. He's just having a bad run.

I don't mean to be rude, but he flew through the front door exclaiming his prowess as the "hammer" of college hoops. If you barge in like that on your 1st post, you had better be able to back it up.

It's not his selections I find offensive it's his demeanor. He has toned down a little since his picks went south.

Now with that being said, I hope he does hit his mark of 60% for the season. It will mean one hell of a run since he's starting in a bit of a hole. I'll ride it like everyone else if he turns it around.

Hobbs, Good Luck on your picks.

Bet on MyBookie