Wed NCAA Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
1-1 on year...Vermont game was like Deja Vu but Hampton could not stay with Maryland even with the Terps committing 25 TOs.

YSU +1` - The Chippewas won 4 games last year, had their head coach resign AFTER recuiting season, and are picked to finish last in the MAC West. They return all five starters but from a 4-24 team, is that a plus? Coach Zeigler is stressing defense as was evident in their warmup game against Saginaw Valley. The problem is who is going to step up on the offensive end. Watson was the only Chippewa in double digits but his more important stat was a zero in the TO collumn. Barrett and Kellerman need to step up on the offensive end. This is a team of slashers and bangers and doesn't seem to have much treat from the outside. The Penquins return four starter from their 7-21 team. Humphrey is the real deal and will carry this team all season. Newly eligble transfer Davis will take over the only vacated starting spot at the point and this will be an upgrade from last year. Roberts played well in his first year after JUCO and should improve this year. Look for the Chippewas to try and slow this game down and use their frontcourt advantage but the Penquins can easily sit back in a zone and make CMU beat them from the outside...which they won't be able to do.

MichSt first half -10 - The Bears come into Lansing for a game with the Spartans. While they have all 5 starters returning, they will be with a new general on the sideline. Coach Robinson played and starred for Princeton and plans on implementing a "modernized" Princeton style offense. Jeppesen tried to follow Coach Miller to Penn but was unable to transfer. No bad blood seems to be evident with his return. The Spartans lost Brown, Ager and Davis to the NBA. This may not be as bad as it sounds. Izzo teams are supposed to be hard-nosed rebounding teams. That wasn't the case with the departing trio in the lineup. Davis, especially, was softer than most realized. In their last warmup game, the Spartans outrebounded Nothern Michigan by 20. That sounds more like an Izzo team. The Spartans are too big inside for the Bears and the visitors only chance is by draining 3s on unfamiliar rims in a hostle building. The reason that this is a first half play is because of something I tracked years ago and has worked well the last 6-7 years. On spots of more than 15 points, you are better off playing the chalk on the first half line, than the game line. Most games you will either win both first hald and game line or lose both. On the occasions that the first half and entire game bets are different, there was a 2 or 3:1 ratio of first half wins / game losses to first half losses/ game wins. So, when I like the dog on a big lined game, I will take them on the normal game line. If I like the chalk, I will take them on the first half line.

Vermont +12' - Got the Catamounts last night but was off on the Terps. Or rather, I thought the Pirates could take advantage of the Terps turnovers. Well, this time, I will take the double digits and expect the Catamounts to be able to convert turnovers into points.

GL to ALL

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Nice write-ups.
Agree with you on the fact that the Youngstown/CMU game will be low scoring.Playing the under.

Also agree that Vermont should be able to handle the pressure much better than Hampton.
Taking Vermot(+12.5) and tyhe over 148.