Wednesday, April 19 MLB PLAYS

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
YTD RECORD MLB: 14-22 (-11.07 UNITS)

Yesterday's recap: 3-2 for plus a little change.

Went with 4 plays today:

UNDER 8.5 CINCINNATI +104 (HARANG VS WILLIS LISTED)

ATLANTA +124 (HUDSON VS GLAVINE LISTED)

CLEVELAND -119 (WESTBROOK VS LOPEZ LISTED)

OAKLAND -132 (BLANTON VS ROGERS LISTED)

No big writeups, but a few quick notes:

I'll probably be taking heat again with people questioning my Under on the Cincy. I know it's tough to play Under on any game in that stadium , so maybe I'm trying to defy the odds, but I think if you keep the long ball to a mininum, you always have a good shot for the Under. Willis has dominated Cincy in the past (5 career starts, 4-0 with a 0.97 ERA and only 1 home run). He also only gave up 11 long balls all of last season. Harang might have bad career numbers vs Florida, but pretty much has never faced most of the players in their current lineup. One exception is maybe Florida's best hitter in Miguel Cabrera and oh...Cabrera is just 1 for 9 career vs him. Also, the Home Umpire is Onora who I feel might have the biggest strikezone in the Majors.

Gonna also take a shot with Atlanta as a dog. Atlanta has hit lefties very well in the past few years and Glavine has also struggled vs his former team bigtime. In 12 career starts vs the Braves, he is just 2-8 with a 6.31 ERA. Hudson has struggled early this season, but that isn't going to continue forever and why not stop here vs a team where he is 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA lifetime in 4 starts. Definitely worth a shot as a dog.

Gonna ride Cleveland again. This team is becoming a pitcher's nightmare. The Tribe will be facing Lopez who they have had no problems with in the past. Last season in 2 starts vs the Tribe, he gave up 19 hits in just 12 innings pitched and did I mention, the Tribe's BIG GUY, Travis Hafner, is 7 for 11 lifetime vs Lopez! Westbrook gets the start for Cleveland and is a groundball machine. He has close to a 2-1 groundball to flyball ratio in his first 3 starts this year and also sports a pretty good past vs the O's. He is 2-1 in 4 career starts vs them with a 2.83 ERA. Oh, by the way, no one in the current lineup has ever hit a home run off him either.

Also gonna ride the A's again. Blanton gets the start for the A's and this kid is tough. I look for him to rebound after his bad start last game. You could say that was excusable since it was in a dome where for some reason he struggles. He was lights out in his first start and today gets his first start this season at home. Having never faced Detroit should also give him a bit of an edge. Rogers gets the start for the Tigs, but there's several A's players that have had a lot of success vs him and Rogers over the course has been average at best whenever he pitches on the road. The guy has a career record of just 77-78 on the road which is a far cry from his amazing 115-54 career home record.

Good luck to all :thumb:

-ndnfan

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg