Wednesday Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Bad start yesterday 0-3-1...Memphis played down to opp. again...Maine great out of the gate and falls in the end...

Which brings us to Alabama A&M...

Alabama A&M +3.5 - A disappointing loss to Gard-Web in their opener yesterday. The Bulldogs let the Running Bulldogs go on a run in the later first half and could not catch up. Central Arkansas were lucky to only lose by 27 to Kentucky. Billy G's team let this game be a lot closer than it should have considering the Bears shot 20% from the field, and only 13% from 3point land. The Bears almost scored half their points from the charity stripe. Nevels was the only Bear in DD points but the key stat taken from this game is PG Pillow with 7 TOs. Pillow had trouble running the point last year without turning the ball over and it looks to have carried it over. Gladness for the Bulldogs performed great on the boards vs Gardner-Webb with 10 rebounds and also recorded 7 blocks. He was last years NCAA leader in blocks (6.3 bpg). There were a lot of turnovers by each team in the AAM/GW game yesterday, but I think that was more due to the way the game playing (sloppy on both sides). I like the Bulldogs with their 5 returning starters to be able to bounce back better than the Bears here. I normally would like the Bears here as they just played against a lot better competition and this game will seem easier in comparision but I think that BamaAM will take advantage of Pillow's TO and step it up on defense to keep CenArk from shooting well again today.

Kentucky -25.5 - Billy G is the new sherrif in town. Just ask Joe Crawford. Crawford let the Wildcats in scoring last night but only played 18 minutes and did not get into the game until there were around 7 minutes left to go in the first half. Think the new coach was trying to send a message to his team. Practice hard, play defense, get playing time. Gardner-Webb was a team that was prone to playing in streaks. Big runs and big droughts. A big run helped them yesterday. Sorry Running Bulldogs, the Cats will be playing better defense than you saw yesterday. Look for maximum effort from all of the Wildcats, all of the time. Maybe they can hold a team to under 15% from the field...

Lean to Morgan St in the other game but can't pull the trigger...

GL to ALL