Wednesday MPC Bowl

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Slick 1

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2004
Boston, MA
I haven't been able to post much at all lately, I hope everyone's been knocking em dead and Happy New Years to all.

Boston College @ Boise State
5* Boston College -2
Many people will blindly bet Boise here because they've won 25 straight at this site but none have those have been against a top 25 team from a BCS Conference, and none of their last 3 Bowl victories here were against top competition. Boise has had 4 chances this year to grab a quality win as an underdog and have gone 0-4 SU so far. Boston College may be the most underated team in the country right now, they tied Florida State for the ACC Division title yet ended up with this horrible Bowl game with lesser ACC teams going to warmer climates, for most program's this would be a big issue but Tom O'Brien is a former military man and he commands respect and effort every time out. O'Brien and the Eagles are the only team in the country to win a Bowl game in each of the last 5 seasons and with Boise Coach Hawkins leaving for Colorado I firmly believe the Eagles have a huge coaching edge in this game. Boston College also has an incredible offensive line and these 5 guys have been together for every game this season so they're very cohesive, the offensive lines of Georgia and Fresno State aren't as good as this unit and both dominated the Boise defensive unit. BC averaged 147 yards per game on the ground in the top notch ACC Conf this season so I expect a huge game from the RB's here today. BC has won 5 straight Bowl games but interestingly enough they were underdogs in 3 of those games, the average margin of victory in those games was over two touchdowns yet this team never seems to get any respect for some reason? The Eagles have road wins at Clemson, BYU, and Maryland already this year so winning on the road isn't new to them and the cold weather won't be a problem at all as it's been bone chilling cold in Boston for almost the whole month of December. Boise State went 9-3 this year which looks decent but their strength of schedule of only 23.4 shows that this record really isn't that impressive. Boston College went 8-3 this year playing a monster schedule with a 36.5 schedule strength. These teams aren't as close in talent as people want to believe and with BC winning the battle in the trenches I expect to see them walk away with a convincing victory.

Best of Luck to everyone Wednesday!