Wednesday NBA *A MUST READ*

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

draysman

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2008
Teams dump? oh yes. the Celts tried and failed to get oden and durant last year...good thing they didn't ...they should get a ring for their 'misfortune'...but not everyone can pull off a trade for Big Kev...and...

now that Beasly has declared and Rose is available teams are salivating to dump...will they? All i look at is" will team give an effort and not dump?" or "will they fold like yesterday's newspaper"...you deal with the lines.

Last day of the Regular Season...Here we go!!!

start out west

1. Clippers - lost 6 in a row and 17! of their last 20...the two wins? Two teams that are dumping! Memphis and Seattle

Dump or no Dump.....Open the case....DUMP! @ Houston

2. Memphis - Lost 2 in a row and 6 of last 9. As i've said many times, the clips and knicks are one win ahead of them...they could drop 2 slots in the draft and be out of the beasly/rose race if they win a meaningless game...right now they have the 4th worst record.

Dump or no Dump....Open the case....DUMP! @ denver (gonna be a huge line here)

3. T-Wolves...they have 21 wins and own the 3rd worst record...if they win, they can drop to 4th ahead of memphis in ping pong balls (if the grizz lose and i said they were DUMPING)...will they win? well Glen Taylor, the owner called out Garnett for allegedly half-a**ing it last year so the order shouldn't come from the top or he's a hypocrite. Still they are playing an awful awful Bucks team at home and should be favored. 3-7 in their last 10 but they beat the Grizz at the Memphis which makes me think they are trying here.

Dump or No Dump.....Open the case....NO DUMP! vs. Bucks

4. Seattle - No win or loss affects their draft...they will pick 2nd and at worst 5th (unlikely). Lost 23 of last 27...but they beat Dallas with a gutsy win though and you can't forget that win against a playoff hungry denver team...Next game @ Golden State (jeez)

Dump or No Dump...Open the case....NO DUMP! @ Golden State

To the East!

5. Bucks - lost 7 in a row and 20 of 24...currently th 7th worst record but no team can be leapfrogged with another loss...@ Minnesota...considering I have Minnesota as a NO DUMP, that leaves us with...

Dump or No Dump....Open the case...DUMP! @ Minny

6. Knicks - Thomas' last game and a season of dread comes to an end...no streak of note here other than the fact they were just on a three game win streak and totally castrated a top 3 draft position...played hard against the celts but wilson chandler went down (believe it or not he was doing well)...will they completely fold or play hard because if they win, they jump the clippers in draft status...i think they have a wee bit of pride to send Thomas out with a competitive game at a minimum and attempt to avoid tying the worst record in knicks history

Dump or No Dump...Open the case...NO DUMP! @ Indiana

7. Heat - This team locked up the #1 ping pong ball slot and I can't tell whether they are dumping or not because they are an NBDL team...but Chris Quinn has shown some spunk and it looks like he's trying...since it looks like Atlanta has given up after it locked up the last spot (i.e. crushed by orlando tonight)...

Dump or No Dump...Open the case...NO DUMP! @ Atlanta

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
Good read. I agree with most of the write-up. Needs to be considered tonight. Nobody fighting the playoff line either after the Golden State loss on Monday.

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
problem is that these dumping teams are getting 15 points. They can easily lose and yet still stay within that astronomical number.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

draysman

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2008
Adding Info

Adding Info

Anyway, if the Spurs, Jazz, Suns and Rockets all finish the regular season with records of 55-27:

?Utah would be eliminated from the logjam before the tiebreaker rules are applied and given the No. 3 seed because it won the Northwest Division.

?The tie among the remaining three teams would be broken based on winning percentages in regular-season games among the three.

Phoenix, with a 5-3 record against the Spurs and Rockets, would get the No. 4 seed. The Rockets, 4-4, would get the No. 5 seed. The Spurs, 3-5, would be No. 6.

?Phoenix and Houston would match up in the first round of the playoffs. However, the No. 5 seed Rockets would have home-court advantage over the No. 4 seed Suns. That is because the two tied in their regular season series, 2-2, which is the first tiebreaker in a head-to-head matchup. The Rockets had a better record within the Western Conference, which is the second tiebreaker in a head-to-head matchup when the tied teams aren't in the same division.

?The Spurs and Jazz would match up in the first round, with Utah having home-court advantage based on its 3-1 regular-season record against the Spurs.