Spurs -2 riobets bought .5 pts -120

Write up at about 2pm eastern..

Probably will have a few more picks to go with this

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
Spurs -2 Riobets bought .5 pts back -120

Celtics have had a nice turnaround, that being said there wins have come against the east and average at best west teams on the road on back to backs. The celtics have lost the last 7 in this series (maybe more i dont go back further than that) and lost the last two at boston by 20 and 23 to the spurs. The celtics really really struggle with good defensive teams, and no team is better set up to guard the big 2 in the league than san antone.

Duncan and rose can guard walker inside and out, drob takes away batties boards, and the spurs have 3 top flight defenders to defend peirce in daniels, bowen and charles smith. By being one of the only teams that doesnt have to double either of the big 2, that means someone else has to make plays, and they cant. The only way anyone other than those two score is on fastbreaks or when the big 2 are doubled.

Spurs have lost some games of late but the teams they lost too all have one thing in common, good mid range jump shooters. Indy, Milwaukee and Dallas all have numerous guys that can hit that 12-18 footer, for those that didnt see there lose to indy would you believe it was jeff foster raining 18 foot jumpers that won the game? The Celtics dont shoot mid range jump shooters, they shoot inside and 3's playing right into the spurs hands as no one on the c's will be able to go inside, and when they fall behind theyll launch 3's like they always do and the spurs really defend the 3 pt line well.

I like philly a lot, im trying to get the best line on that game, and ill probably be on indy once the line is driven high enough.

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
I will almost for sure be on the 6ers tonight, im hoping for a slight line move first, if it moves against me ill probably still be on it but i sure hope not. Im planning on taking indy money line after the ml gets as high as possible. Im also considering chicago....im putting this up now because i wont have a final number or answer on these until 6 est pm, and didnt want to stick them up to late....good luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Guerilla_Ninja

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2001
CHI-Town, IL
as usual, great write ups dnug. i mentioned an opinion for CHI + in my thread.

that BOS FG% is pathetic and unless they get a chance to run ahead of SAN robinson and duncan, those outside shots are really going to be put to the test. duncan will have a monster game. plenty of FT's for him.

somewhat similar reasoning for PHI as well. PHI D will pressure ORL O to no end. PG matchup is tight but, PHI AI has an edge. PHI mutumbo the difference for any ORL player thinking about driving the lane. heavy ORL turnovers equal quick PHI/AI point.

GL

pizmo

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
San Mateo, California
Thank you dnuggets

Beside JTSneak, You are probably one of the other most consistant capper I've seen in MADJACK!
I'm riding heavy on Philly tonight w/ you, so gl to all of us.

Also like Under in Indiana & Over in Boston!!!! Any opinion? thx

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Pierce is also hurting more than being reported (left calf & foot) missed practice yesterday & shoot around today.

Shamrock

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
-4 is a little dangerours, you should be ok still but laying pts on the road always makes me nervous, but the spurs have already won big at places like indy and cha this year.

Pizmo, ive bet on only 4 totals all year, not a totals player unless something reallly sticks out, but i had to write this because i commented that i like the under in boston and the over in indy..lol the exact opposite of what you wrote, but again im not a totals player at all.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
ok finally here to post....

ok finally here to post....

adding........

Indy +6.5 Riobets

Indy +235 Money line

Philly -5.5 Riobets

Indy has won 4 of the last 5 in indy over la, yes la has won 3 in a row since shaq has been back and yes they blew teams out, however look deeper. There wins are over the suns who have quit on there coach, toronto, maybe the most overated team in basketball, and detroit, who has gone 1-11 in there last 12. Now they play a team that can and will fight back, you always get the other teams best whenever you go against la on the road, and la is condition to deal with that. But shaq toe is hurting more than there letting on and no matter how little he played it will hurt more on the 2nd night of any back to back. And, back to backs are tricky, people think that because a player only plays 28 mins instead of 38 hes "rested", what they dont realize is all the practice, pregame, halftime shoot arounds add up. And just the sheer pain of travelling doesnt help.

Indy has an excellent and loud crowd that loves basketball, theyll be into this game from moment one, and even though everyone in the world cant guard shaq i like some of the other matchups. Foster can drain that 15 footer like he did vs sa shaq wont step out and guard that, and there loaded with quick athletic pfs to take advantage of the lakers weakness at that position. And the sheer fact that la has thumped teams, makes me wonder how theyll react to a close game or being behind, seeing as how they havent really faced with shaq in weeks.

Philly is an excellent defensive team, and is finally starting to click. AI getting a triple double shows hes starting to move the ball again and do all the little things. Philly guards permiter shooters as well as anyone, and with deke you can forget the middle. Dont be shocked if philly almost doubles orlandos rebounds in this game. Even gs score 109 pts on orlando, there a horrible defensive team.

may still have a play on chi later..

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
well bad night

well bad night

Tough night, cant win everynight(sure wish i could) will get them tomm or the next day, i may be a pass for tomm...good luck.....