Wednesday...

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
3-1-1 last night...

1. FLA +.5 vs. TOR [+125]

FLA has lost 2 in a row at home, and are only 2-7 at home this year. FLA lost both games to TOR at home last year. FLA did play a fairly decent game on Monday vs. BUF, and TOR had 2 OT battles with NJ over the week-end...Saturdays game had 8 fighting majors and numerous cheap shots...TOR may be in for a bit of a let down after the BB games, even though I think they have the better team, I am taking the dog tonight...watch Bure...goalies and special teams are about equal for these 2 teams...

2. Pittsburgh +.5 vs. Isles [-120]

Isles have hit the skids, and although they beat the Pens last game 6-3 here in Oct., Lemieux was missing. Isles PK is 2nd in the league to PIT PP, which is 30th [although Mario has missed some games and is vital to the PP]. Kovalev got 3 vs. NJ last night, and PIT does know how to get the puck in the goal...going with the dog at home again...
Have to lean to OVER in this spot also...watch ISLES later this week as they are in 3 games in 4 days and BB games at COL [Fri] and PHO [Sat] and then play again Monday at Dallas...could be a long road for the Isles...may want to fade them the entire road trip ???? as they may be over-valued due to great start...

3. DUCKS +.5 vs. SJS [pick]

San Jose 5th game of 6 on road, have lost 2 in a row by 2-3 scores. Beat ANA 4-2 here earlier...SJS are 2-2-1 last 5, ANA 2-1-2, the loss a 1-0 defeat to DET...this is last game of 8 game home stand...and then ANA goes 6 in a row away...another home dog - do I detect a trend???

4. Ducks/JSJ OVER 4.5 [-127]

Winner here scores 3 or 4...between the teams, in only 10 games have there been 4 or fewer goals this season...

Good Luck...IP
smile.gif

I am going to enjoy some great hockey tonight !!

[This message has been edited by Ice Picks (edited 11-14-2001).]

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Re-cap:

1. FLA 2 - TOR 3 [L]
2. PIT 3 - NYI 3 [W]
3. ANA 2 - SJS 4 [L] - same score as the last meeting at ANA
4. ANA 2 - SJS 4 OVER 4.5 [W]

2-2 - no great shakes...

looking closely at Devils and Phoenix games tonight...

Bet on MyBookie