Wednesday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
2-0 to start the season...Let's keep it rolling...

Albany -3' - Albany is the favorite to win the America East this year and returns 4 starters (losing only 5ppg and 2rpg) and also returns Iati who missed all last year. Oakland was the tale of two teams last year. 13-19(7-9 conf) during the regular season, but coming alive in the conf tourney to upset everyone including a good Oral Roberts team in the finals and getting their first NCAA berth. They look to play the same story this year (at least the regular season part) as they lose Marshall (20ppg, 8rpg) and Scott(18ppg, 7rpg). Too many loses for Oakland, too much back for Albany...should mimick the Cornell game yesterday with an easy win for the Great Danes.

Florida is starting to look better with the line dropping...will wait and see how low it goes...

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Adding:

Adding:

Florida -18'

In January '03, I was in NYC for work and I was able to catch Manhattan vs StPeters or more like Luis Flores and Team vs. Keydren Clark with some other guys in the same uniform. The Jaspers won easily by 17 or so. Fast Forward to 2005.

Clark has been the NCAA scoring champ the past two years. This year, he should repeat as he has less scoring help than before. Watkins (12ppg), Hinnant (11ppg) and Yates (14ppg) are gone. Even with Clark returning, StPeters is picked to finish in the bottom part of the MAAC.

Florida also loses 3 double digits scorers from last year, Roberson (18ppg), Walsh (15ppg) and Lee (14ppg). These three were the leading scorers a year ago. But they do return leading rebounder Horford. Good (not great but good) group of recruits come in.

I expect this game to be close for the first 8 minutes or so. Clark will get his points more early than late. Donovan will be looking at a number of players in this game to see who is going to be able to contribute in game situations. Look for a sustained effort by the Gators throughout as starting positions and playing time seems to be still the air. Also, the last time the Gators played a MAAC team was in the NCAA tourny in '03. Winner: The aforementioned Manhattan Jaspers. Donovan will not be overlooking this team and will (should) remind his team of that last MAAC team they played.

This line may be moving a little more so I would wait a little to see how low it will drop. Clark will need to score 40 in order for StPeters to cover. Don't see that happening here.

GL to ALL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg