Weds. - Missouri Valley Conference Picks

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
I currently go to an MVC school and I do follow the conference pretty closely. Here are my picks.

Missouri State -7
(Hottest team in team in the valley winning 6 out of their last 7. Don't see them winning by less than 7 to a poor shooting and scoring ISU team.)

Witchita St. -3
(Beat Drake by 23 at home in first matchup. Drake can be tough to play at home, but not tough enough to beat Witchita St.)

Bradley +7.5
(Well this is my upset of the night. Bradley plays terrible on the road (4-8). However, they are really cruising right now and if they want to make the big dance they have to win their next 2 games and get to the semi's in the MVC tourny. Bradley won the first matchup earlier this year as well by 8. Northern Iowa is a good team coming off a big Bucknell win, but 2 loses to Missouri St. and Indiana St. I see a very close game no more than 3 points either way.)

Indiana State +12
(Creighton hasn't won in double digits since its win over SIU, 8 games ago. Indiana State is coming off a big home win against Norther Iowa and has won 3 out its last 4. Indiana won't win this game, but they won't lose by more than 8.)

3-2-0 +1 Units

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
Northern Iowa is at full strength for the first time this season, with Little and Crawford healthy. Looks like Crawford is back to full form after the month off due to injury. Sommerville looks a little banged up for the Braves.

Not sure I could back Bradley tonight, but good luck! Nice to see some more Valley folks contributing.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
Northern Iowa is good... however they don't have anyone that can match up with nba prospect, 7'1", center patrick o'bryant. If Sommerville and O'bryant are on tonight Northern Iowa is going to have a tough time breaking the game open.

As far as SIU goes.. they are done for the season. No way they beat N. Iowa in their next game.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
oh my

oh my

bradley up 9 at the half.. thats what i like to see. shooting 54%.

however i dont know what witchita st. is doing... please someone tell me.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
im glad they are atleast tied now. it should come down to the wire. hopefully there big men can over power drakes small team.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
4-1 on the night with my un-posted LSU bet. Not bad for tonight.. looking foward to saturday for more mvc games.

Bet on MyBookie