Week 1 - B10 Only

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Will try and post more plays this year and will focus on the B10 (and maybe some SEC) because that's what I follow closely. They'll be rated from 1 to 5 stars

NONE

Akron +27

Michigan -12'

NONE

Illinois -7
Minny Under 47

GL All

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
CWOOD.....
Glad to have you back and nice to see you backing the Fighting Illini...

Gl this season

Cheers
Irish

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BGFalcon

Degenerate
Forum Member
Jan 3, 2005
Strongsville, Ohio
Michigan does scare me with the shit going on right now..
The "shit going on right now" is only in the media. I got a chunk of Michigan at -8.5 and -9 when the lines came out. My only concern with laying double digits is the difference in QB experience. Hiller should make some plays against an iffy Michigan defense. Forcier will make some true freshman mistakes as well.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
I should note the recent goings on actually solidified my play on UM. This team is more behind Rodriguez than ever. The cancers have all transferred out and plenty of talent remains. I should point out that no current UM player spoke to any reporter under the context of an "investigation into practice/workout times". The only current guys who said anything were two true freshmen, who both were asked about their summer schedule on media day. They said they were working extremely hard, like 10 hours a day in the summer. What the reporter didn't ask (and didn't care to ask due to his motives) was whether or not the workouts were voluntary. Basically, they were mislead into making quotes that appeared to support his claims, but really didn't admit anything other than they were working hard. Zero journalistic integrity, but I digress. The point is, there is no division in the team. All the anonymous quotes were made by disgruntled players who transferred.

UM's defense is scary thin, and freshman QB's are always scary, but the rest of the team is talented and very well prepared. Hiller is a talent but he has an entirely new crop of receivers and their front seven is too small/weak to hold up against what should be the most improved OL in the country. Further, WMU will have a very tough time handling Brandon Graham and the young but very talented Michigan front 7. As with most games it comes down to line play and UM has a big advantage on both sides of the ball. 14 is not going to be enough for Western.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I should note the recent goings on actually solidified my play on UM. This team is more behind Rodriguez than ever. The cancers have all transferred out and plenty of talent remains. I should point out that no current UM player spoke to any reporter under the context of an "investigation into practice/workout times". The only current guys who said anything were two true freshmen, who both were asked about their summer schedule on media day. They said they were working extremely hard, like 10 hours a day in the summer. What the reporter didn't ask (and didn't care to ask due to his motives) was whether or not the workouts were voluntary. Basically, they were mislead into making quotes that appeared to support his claims, but really didn't admit anything other than they were working hard. Zero journalistic integrity, but I digress. The point is, there is no division in the team. All the anonymous quotes were made by disgruntled players who transferred.

UM's defense is scary thin, and freshman QB's are always scary, but the rest of the team is talented and very well prepared. Hiller is a talent but he has an entirely new crop of receivers and their front seven is too small/weak to hold up against what should be the most improved OL in the country. Further, WMU will have a very tough time handling Brandon Graham and the young but very talented Michigan front 7. As with most games it comes down to line play and UM has a big advantage on both sides of the ball. 14 is not going to be enough for Western.

Alright then, not as scared..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
C

Carl Spackler

Wood,

I think this is a great opportunity to take advantage of the negative national media attention and jump on this Michigan offense. They have all five starting linemen back and can actually go about eight deep, and even though people are paying close attention to the quarterback story, the fact is that Forcier and Robinson are actually going to improve the position even though they are true frosh. Add to it that Minor, Brown, and Shaw provide depth in the backfield and they get to open up against a Western Michigan team that is replacing every defensive starter outside of a couple linebackers, and I think you have an offensive display that will put serious points on the board.