Week 13

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Another winning week in week 12 bringing the yearly totals to:

55-39 +87.5x

Early Grab: ND +22' 5x - this spread is way out of whack. USC doesn't have the receivers to outclass ND on the outside like they have in the past couple seasons. Quinn is good enough to put up 20 on USC and I think with some breaks ND may actually have a shot to win this one in the 4th quarter. Will play a unit on the money line if one is offered.

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
you have had an amazing season, still lovin that Purdue pick vs OSU you gave me...Im saddened to see NCAAFB coming to its end, cannot wait for bowl games...gltu

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
CWood97

Big 5 unit play against my Trojans. To tell you the truth, I think -22 is the right spread. But let me just fill you in on a couple things.

USC gets back 2 starting WR's for this game. McFoy will be 100% and Steve Smith (USC's #1 WR) will be about 90% or even 100%. Smith has been out since the CAL game and McFoy been out last couple games with bum knee. Just something to think about AND USC uses Reggie Bush as WR and their TE Byrd extremely well and ND weakness is their pass defense. Although Smith will give an answer on how well he feels this week in practice.

ND is NOT good enough to put up 20pts unless they get breaks and USC does not turn the ball over a whole lot. Most of USC's opponents have scored against reserves this year. Remember, USC gave up 17pts against Rogers (#1 QB IMO in country). Quinn gonna score 20? Bold prediction.

Lastly, USC usually saves their best plays for the ND and UCLA games. Both are rivalries and both are nationally televised. Not to mention this is where Carson Palmer locked up his Heisman 2 years ago and I am sure Chow wants to get Leinart his as well. Plus Carroll and CHow have had their teams peak 3 straight years at the end of the season. Why not 4 in a row? Something to think about.

Just like you warned me against betting on Michigan, I am sorta warning you against betting USC. I am just giving you my perspective. For obvious reasons I will not be rooting for you to cover! :)

Good luck this week and congrats for winning last week! Your having a stellar season! Look forward to your OTHER plays besides the 5units against USC! :142lmao:

Oh yeah, I am not taking USC -22. Just gonna enjoy the game.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
Like the points w/ ND, too. The Irish got blasted in some games last year, so it's entirely possible, but USC's going to need to put their best game together to get it done.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Thanks Vyrus, glad you benefited from the Purdue play.

Scott, thanks for the input, but I still like this play. You point out that Cal only had 17 points on USC. They also gave up 424 yds and were saved by three fumbles (all lost by Cal). They gave up 28 points to Stanford and 20 to Oregon State in the fog. I think SC will have their hands full. We'll find out Sat.

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
CWOOD best of luck this weekend. Word of warning about the Irish, they have llost the swagger on defense and Pitt was able to pass on them at will. However I think they have too much class for 22, but it is a no play for me!

Cheers
Irish

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
speaking of pitt.....i had to touch them as a home dog+4.5 vs what i consider an overrated west va team.....

pitt looked like garbage early on.....but have improved dramaticallly down the stretch....

i had to grab the points....

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Thanks Irish and good luck to you also. I'll take my chances on ND. I think they are a live dog this week.

Anyone else feel like there are a lot of "public dogs" this week:

Pitt?
CU?
A&M?
Toledo? (like them a lot, but having trouble pulling the trigger)

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i know there`s been some line movement with toledo....and to a lesser extent pitt.....

but i checked *********....and a few other sites.....

********* shows 56% on west va......and 55% on bowling green......

and some guys on other sites,one in particular,are loving bowling green.....

a small sample?.....yeah,probably.....but,not sure that these are overwhelmingly public dogs at the moment...despite the line movement....

like to hear from others that scope the net...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
well if Toledo was a "public dawg" than the books took a kick in the nuts last night!

Playing Arkansas +4 for 3x - Strictly a home with motivation play. What is LSU playing for? Probably nothing as they are likely locked into the Cotton Bowl win or lose. Now, what is Arkansas playing for? A bowl trip, and that is huge to these kids.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Texas Tech -4' 5x - This was going to be a play for me given Tech's success on Senior day in the past. Raymond making it an outlaw play turned it from a small play to a big one.

waiting for Nebraska to come down to 2' before playing it. At even money and 3 right now.

Hooks

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2000
VEGAS
A couple more things to know...

This will be Notre Dames 1st battle vs. a top 10 team this year !!!.
Sagarins power ratings has U.S.C. favored by 26 pts.
Notre Dame has played the 27th touhgest schedule.
U.S.C. has played the 9th toughest schedule.
Finally, U.S.C. is 4 - 0 vs. the top 10 teams they have faced this year. (top 10 teams meaning U.S.C. # 1, down to # 239 the worst rated college team in the nation)
Hope these help :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Thanks for the info hooks.

Action Play for tonight WVU -3 1x

Nebraska -2' 5x - love em at home looking to protect the bowl streak.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

F'in Nebraska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do a damn thing all game, then turn into the Colts with 2:30 to play. Un f'ing believable.

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
That was absolute bullshit CWood...its like Callahan is trying to get on every gamblers shit list, first with the OU bullsh*t field goal and then suiting up Chris Leak and having him play in Joe Daileys uniform...sorry man, but your on fire this year, dont let one shitt day bring you down

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Thanks for the kind words vyrus, time to get this week turned around:

UVA +4 3x - Imoh is banged up and with him 100% I see this game as a coin flip. Gimme the points.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg