Boise St. -7 (1 unit) W
Wisky -15 (1 unit) P :banghead:
Penn St. -2 ( 1 unit) L
Cuse -15' (2 unit) :bump: W
Houston +36 (1 unit) L
Bama -10 ( 3 units) :firing: W
N. D. +14 (2 units) :shocked: W
Marshall +17 ( 1 unit) W
I haven't pulled trigger on all of these yet, waiting on a more favorable line. I'll post writups later during the week. Any input is always welcome and as always B.O.L.!!

Last edited:

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
Troy State +11
The good.........TS sports one of the best sun belts defenses and they are accustomed to playing elite teams(K. ST., NEB, Vir, Minn) and have won more games than anyone besides N. Texas during their 3 year division 1-A stay. With 10 starters returning on offense, including 5-yr SR. QB Arron Leak & RB DeWhitt Betterson who rushed for almost 1200 yards last year, and returning 6 on defense including SR Demarcus Ware who had 3 sacks, 4.5 tackles for a loss, and 2 forced fumbles last week against Marshall, this team is well experienced and has more depth than in years past.

The Bad......Mizzu coming of a blow out win vs. a poor Ark St team has high hopes for this season at making a run for the Big 12 title. Sr, QB Brad Smith may be one of the best all around athletes in the conference. Last year not only did he pass for almost 200 yards he also lead the team in rushing with 1400. Also Mizzu returns 8 offensive and 6 Def. players this year. Mizzu is solid on both sides of the ball and has the offense to put up points.

The Choice......... I feel the the T. St. Defense will be able to contain Smith to a below average game. The key will not be the D-Line but the secondary not blowing coverages. Also, this is the first time ever Troy State has ever been on national TV and this game is at home. they are playing for their first 1-A bowl bid in school history this year and with a nationally televised game they look to show case everything they have including the kitchen sink. Bottom line Troy State keeps this within the numbers and possibly pulls out the 2nd upset in as many weeks.
24-21 Troy State

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
Well.. I don't get any better than this. Doubled up on this with the side and ML. Let's just hope it continues through the weekend. More write-ups to come. GL to all!!!!!

Lost Hillbilly

Forum Member
Nov 7, 2003
Great call on the Troy Trojans. Took em at +11.5 for 2 large!!How bout that fast O-lineman!!!Play of the year thus far!

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
Firday's Play

Boise State -7 .......this line will more than like move to 9 before kickoff. The broncos are looking to avenge there only loss of last year and plan on doing so with a fast offense. coming off a blow out of 50 plus points against week Idaho team, I don't look for the Beavers to stop them here at the home in the BLUE tundra. the Beavers on the other hand are coming in deflated with a heart breaking loss to an overrated LSU team. Given LSU looked awful, but you have to give the beavers credit where credit is due. It's not easy to play in Baton Rouge and they did a good job. The concerns here are, after the combination of the heartbreaking loss, no confidence in the kicking game, and being on the road for thew 2nd time in a row to start the season, not to mention the short prep week, Will they be able to bounce back???? Well I think not.. If we don't take any of the mentioned thing into account I still feel the Broncos are the better team here at home. feel this game will be relatively high scoring with the broncos winning easily 38-20

FSU vs. Miami
to keep this short.this is anyones game and the best way to pick this one is to flip a coin. Although i give a slight edge to FSU, don't feel it's worth a play here for me so I'll pass. Be back later with Sat's writeups. Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
:bump: Cuse -15'.....The more I look at this game the more I like it. If Cuse wouldn't have gotten destroyed last week this line should be a t least 20. I think the Big Orange come ou BIG against a much inferior Buffalo team. Making this a 2* play. GL & more to come by Sat.

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
Well we're off to a great start heading into the weekend(2-0). Man that Boise St. Team looked good..The way they played tonight I believe they could have beat both Miami & FSU . Speaking of that game didn't both teams look terrible tonight. I know it was the first game and all, but your offensense has to preform better than what those two teams did if you want to compete for a title.

Anyway, got to make the rest of this quick, 2morrow is opening day of deer season so I'll be in the woods most of the day. Just want to add one more game to Sat. plays.

Marshall +16 ( 1 unit)...this is more of a system play than anything else. Just think Ohio St. wins this one, but it will be by no more than 10.

D-Money

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Powder Springs, GA
Great weekend! Ended up going 6-2-1 for (+7.8 units), should have made the whiskey game if there offense could score. Anyway, let's keep it going. Hope everyone did well, GL and lets do it again next week..Oh, I like two picks on Sun which I'll post in the NFL forum before kickoff. :)

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie