Week 2 Systems Plays

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Hey all....

The systems are back! I didn't have any posted last week, mainly because most of the systems I have depend on previous performance so they generate almost no plays for Week #1. I've also been busy as hell around here. I will do my best to post these every week. But my real-life schedule is a lot more hectic this year, so it may not always be possible.

Those people who followed these last year know that they did very well. They often produce some really scary/ugly looking plays. They won't always win....so don't go crazy on 'em. The systems have been cobbled together from various sources over the years. Note: I have a little less confidence in the lower-numbered systems (approx #1 to 7 and #9 to #14) and/or those which do not have an asterisk before them. These "un-asterisked" systems went unmonitored for a few years after their initial discovery (so their records are not fully up-to-date). Some systems over time cease to work...so always play with caution.

Anyways enough rambling. **Always check to make sure the system still applies to the current line (ie. the line hasn't moved beyond the acceptable range for it to be a play).** Here are what the systems turn up for Week #2:

This week's big play: Jacksonville

==============================

System #3 - Play on a home dog if they won their last game outright, and their opponent was at home last week (90-44-6, 67.2% since '90).

Play on: Jacksonville, San Diego

System #7 - Play on a home favorite of 3 or less that won outright on the road last week (61-37-7, 62.2% since '91).

Play on: Detroit

System #13 - Play on a Monday Night home team whose opponent won it's last game SU @ home (60-34-2, 63.8% since '85).

Play on: Philadelphia

System #14 - Play on any home dog of 3 pts if the total is 37 or less (31-19, 62.7% since 1983).

Play on: Tampa Bay, Jacksonville (if total drops to 37 or less)

*System #16 - Play against a team that won but failed to cover last week, and is favored again this week. (29-5, 85.3% since start of '02). **updated**

Play on: St Louis
(*Interesting Note: If StL should actually go off as the favorite, this system would actually apply to Atlanta instead, since both teams won but failed to cover last week*)

*System #18 - Play the Under when the road team is playing their second road game in a row (Since the start of '01: O/U 67-102-5, 60.4% Unders --- O/U 32-52-3, 61.9% Unders when the road team covered the spread in the prior game). **updated**

Play the UNDER on: Indy/Tenn, Sea/TB

*System #23 - Play against an undefeated road favorite, (12-3 ATS, 80%) **updated**

Play on: Jacksonville, NY Giants, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Diego

System #24 - Play on the home underdog when both teams have winning records, or both teams have losing records (~70% since ???)

Play on: Jacksonville, San Diego

*System #27 - Play against a road fav off a SU win but ATS loss. (15-2 ATS, 88.2% since '02) (same as System #16 except this must be a road fav) **updated**

Play on: St Louis (ONLY if they become the favorite)

*System #31 - Play on home dogs of 7 pts or less who allow 4.5 yds/play or less. (14-5-1 ATS, 73.6% since '92) **updated**

Play on: Jacksonville (3.8), Tennessee (if they are the dog) (3.9)

*System #33 - Play against a road favorite which allows less than 4.5 yds/play (42-22, 65.6% since '92). **updated**

Play on: NY Giants (Wash = 3.0)

*System #37 - Play on a road team that has a bye the following week (19-8-1, 70.4% since '02). **updated**

Play on: New England, NY Jets, Buffalo, Carolina

Note: Arizona and San Diego come up in other systems, so we have systems going up against each other here.

==============================

Keep in mind it's early, so systems that include things like "allowing less than 4.5 yds/play" are based on only 1 game.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Superbear

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
New England
lets see if any of these systems match up with my fade the Boston Globe sports writers consensus system,..this week every one of them is on;

Denver

Baltimore

Colts (looks like everyones "sexy" pick also)

Jets

4 out of 5 are on;

GB

Red Skins

Rams

Carolina

Detroit

Dallas
looks like the JAGUARS + TITANS match :idea:

,...and both home dogs too :yup

looks like TT's week #2 systems matches with DA BEARS :look:

Last edited:

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Bolts too! Oh my, how can I bet on the San Diego Super Chargersssssss.......? (I hate it when they sing that stupid song on ESPN)

BUt I just might have to....

GL to you.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
The systems end the week at 13-9 (with two no-plays). The original post has been updated... green teams covered, red teams didn't, gray teams were no plays.

The week's biggest play (Jacksonville - 4 systems), won.

New England (W) and Arizona (L) played each other and came up once each.

NY Jets (W) and San Diego (L) played each other, with the Jets coming up once, and SD coming up three times.

If you don't count plays when systems oppose each other, the systems went 11-5. If you consider one Jets play to cancel out only one San Diego play, then call it 11-7.