MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Last Week: 4-5 (-1.29u)
Season Total: 20-18-1 (+2.61u)

Two good weeks followed by two bad weeks to start the season. Must mean I'm due for another good one.

Not sure what got into me but I made a bunch of plays early this week. Made a bunch of them on Sunday but haven't been able to post until now, so some lines have changed. I guess a lot of games were sitting on key numbers and I didn't want any of them to get away from me...

STL +7.0
MIN +10.0
CHI +3.0
DET -7.0
ATL +4.5
SD -7.0 (1.5u)
DEN -7.0
WAS +7.5 (1.5u)
CIN pk (1.5u)

Now what the hell am I gonna do the rest of the week?

Last edited:

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Hey whaddya know, I found something to do...

Added all of these for 0.25u:

STL +3.0
MIN +6.0
CHI ML
ATL ML
DET -13.0

Last edited:

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Aaaannnnnd now I'm just bored...

Added:

HOU +6.0
HOU ML (0.25u)
JAC +6.0 (1.25u)
JAC ML (0.25u)
SF -6.0 (1.25u)

Really like JAC, may be my favorite play of the week :scared

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Regretting pulling the trigger so quickly on the Bears... after a week of thinking on it I'm flip flopping and taking the Panthers. Gonna cost me a little juice but hopefully it's worth it.

Subtracting:

CHI +3
CHI ML (0.25u)
:facepalm:

Adding:

CAR -2.5
TEN -1.5
JAC/WAS ML parlay +1129 (0.25u)
CAR -2.5/DET -6.5/SF -5.0/CIN -1 parlay +1305 (0.25u)

JAC and WAS both big home dogs with legit chances of winning outright. Seattle is a totally different team on the road and WAS should be able to give them all they can handle and then some. PIT is just not that good and public continues to pound them, good spot for Jags here. Why not take a chance with a nice big 2 teamer!?

The other parlay is kinda dumb... had nothing better to do this afternoon and that's the best I could come up with.

A lot of sharps are liking NE and NYJ this week, and I considered buying out my SD and CIN plays... but I just don't see it. NE looked really bad last week in prime time (which is usually a good reason to play them this week), but they've looked really bad all year, not just last week (with exception of MIN game, but that doesn't tell me a lot). Everyone keeps saying Brady and Belichick will figure it out, but I'm going to need to see it to believe it. Forget what they've done in the past, right now CIN looks to me to be a far superior team in almost every respect. Back to back prime time games (NE) is never easy either. I hate to side with public on this one and I could very well be wrong but I still don't see any value with NE.

SD makes me a little more nervous, but I'm gonna ride it out anyway.

That should be it for the week. Good luck out there.

Skanoochies

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2001
Canada
New England just seems to have problems that
are`nt going to be solved in 6 days to me.:facepalm:

Good luck Cortez.:0074

And I`m stuck with them in the loser pool.:facepalm:

sam_numberFire

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2014
New York
I also love Chicago this week. I also really like the Giants at Atlanta and a few over/unders: Pats/Bengals under 46 and Chargers/Jets over 44

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sds222

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 31, 2006
GL today, rams down to 4.5 hope were right.
Denver is overdue to cover.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Fugh me. Rough ending to a rough week. I guess that's what happens when you bookend your week with the Vikings and the Washington football team.

Week 5: 5-8 (-6.53u)
Season: 25-26-1 (-3.92u)

Seriously though, how are you supposed to cap this nonsense? Titans, Falcons, Lions, Jag-offs all had covers in the bag and all found a way to blow it in glorious fashion. On the other hand, Panthers and Rams had no business covering and somehow found a way. Those games, or some combination thereof, were the difference between a winning and losing week for most betters. Think about that.

Lost a couple units getting cute with selling points and parlays, but I still like that strategy (selling points, not parlays) and think there is money to be made there.

Congrats to those that made money this week. Where you at Week 6 you handsome son of a bitch?