Week 9 Picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

azcat34

Forum Member
Oct 24, 2003
Looking at the Week 9 lines I thought these were some really strong plays.

Raiders (-2.5) over Lions Buying a half point.
Colts (+3.5) to Dolphins Buying a half point.
Eagles (-4.5) over Atlanta.
Vikings (-4.5) over Packers. Favre always does poorly int he dome and the Vikings will be pissed off after last week.

What do you think of these picks, which ones seems the strongest to you.

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Oakland...don't think you need to buy the half, Det is caught in a sandwich here between Chicago games...Have been playing extremely poorly of late, and Oakland, as feeble as they have been playing, should beat up on the lions. 4-0 last 4 against det, 6-1 off rest. 13-5 away off home...also, the under is 1-7 away in october.

The metrodome has been a house of horrors for farve, and the vikes should bounce back....minny 4-0 last 4 hosting packers

philly, 4-0-1 last 5 against dirty birds, 4-1-1 last 6 trips to the georgia dome...only scary thing, falcoons 1-6 against the number, including dropping 6 straight v. spread...4.5 usually means vegas unsure of where they want the bulk of their action...although if philly plays like they did last week, the spread should be 14.5

indy...0-4 last 4 trips to s. florida....jax next week, houston last wk, the interdivision sandwich....in october 1-6 v. non div opponent, and 1-6 v. afc opp....also 2-6 away in oct off SU win.

what's the logic behind the colts play? just curious. see them in a tough spot here, possible manning implosion. gl!

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
i personally like GB regardless of FAVRE's past troubles in domes. i think minn's owner was way outta line saying anything to the extent that he did following the loss to a pretty decent NYG team. understandably he might expect more than what he saw--buut i doubt very much that the result was a lack of effort. i think this meesees with the vikes heads a bit--i mean, they're 6-1! -and you're gonna rip into them for losing their first game. i really dont have any stats as of now to support why i like GB. jus do--comin off a bye week doesnt hurt. as far as the colts play--i dont think i 'd touch that one, with griese a new intangible in the mix. philly looks like a decent play---though what team doesnt versus the hapless falcons. more that the trend record, i like oak --i cant believe i just typed that: liking oak-- *oh yeah, they're against the lions* i like oak more because of what i expect tui-a-so-soap-po at qb brings to the table. for me: i'd take GB on strictly feel, PHILLY, OAK and a no touch on the mia/indy game. GL with whatever you settle on. -t

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg